View Poll Results: Who will win the Lethal Lockdown Steel Cage Match?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team MVP

6 66.67%
  • Team Dixie

3 33.33%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact Wrestling PPV Discussion Thread

Henchman 21
    Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post

But I'll repeat: you're still the guy commenting on a show you haven't even watched.

I haven't said a single word about TNA, positive or negative in this entire thread.
    This just proves my point how clueless you are. Thank you. I do agree I am making myself look foolish. Because I keep speaking to you like you can comprehend while you keep showing you can not. So I will rectify that from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick Murphy View Post
    You know what might elicit a giant pop on Thursday? Cold open on a six sided ring with AJ Styles in the middle of the ring.
    And that would be only from my living room.

Goldberg Rules!
    You have a 10,000 ounce Coca-Cola in your living room?

I love how PEN is making rational points without a single insult, while nakedboy resorts to petty flames.

Let him be delusional. It's pretty obvious from the TNA threads that no one really takes him too seriously, and in the end he's harmless. It's weird because before the reset, I was defending him, saying that while he was obviously delusional and an apologist, but he at least got discussion going about TNA. Now, he goes on ridiculous diatribes with obvious slander, and I'm honestly laughing to myself at his every word. So, it entertains me. And you obviously as well. I guess this is the new trolling, where I let him go on and on, and I merely poke him once in a while to get him going again.

Hey nakedboy, have you watched the show yet? If you haven't, please tell me more about why it will help TNA move forward. Please? Pretty please!?

Oliver
    Henchman vs Pen is already a better feud than anything that led into BFG.

Goldberg Rules!
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but: TNA needs to bring Rampage Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz back to the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Henchman vs Pen is already a better feud than anything that led into BFG.
    The only feud this is resembling is Miz vs Cena from 2009. Miz (nakedboy) calls out Cena (PEN - yes my ego is that huge) continuously, claiming forfeit victories and verbal abuse. Then, the end result is Cena (again, me in this allegory) crushing the Miz. At any point, I could ban him for flaming. But I won't, because it's obvious drivel, and it's not escalating past these very pathetic barbs. So, in the words of one of the best musical groups of all time: "Let It Be."

On topic, I will most likely download BFG this week and give it a fair shot. I love wrestling too much not to give TNA chance after chance. They let me down a lot, but sometimes the diamonds in the rough are worth putting up with the garbage. If nakedboy is right and that this event is a change into an entirely new direction, I might end up digging where they are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I'll give them one more Impact, because if they really pull their finger out I'm in favour of them changing the guard like they seem to want to, but unless it happens this Thursday I'm just going to fill the time I would spend watching with more NJPW.
    I will certainly give TNA this; they have done a very good job post BFG in recent years. They pulled a great show following the disaster of the 10/10/10 BFG and gave James Storm his defining moment a year later after Kurt Angle somehow went over Bobby Roode. I wouldn't be surprised if they deliver a good episode this week in the slightest, if only because they know this is it for some people.

Barnyard
    If anybody really wants to see the worst PPV of the year try TNA's Hardcore Justice PPV special, it was painful.

TNA need to stop changing the rules of Ultimate X, it's a nonsense. Previously winners had to hit the mat with the belt to be champ, Kenny King caught a falling wrestler and took the title for himself. Next Ultimate X, Aries I think it was, won just by unhooking the title. This Ultimate X, they used a ladder, I can recall TNA saying ladders weren't allowed in Ultimate X. They can't keep changing the rules.
    They let storyline go before match quality with the finish, considering the participants it was a missed opportunity from TNA. How out of place did Hardy look? Special mention to Samoa Joe for his awesome flurry of punches on Aries in the corner.

Not a great PPV, it felt off, way too many "odd" endings and some strange moments. Angle turning down the HoF was just a horrible segment and the poor ending to his good/great match with Roode made it even worse considering what Kurt had said earlier.
    TNA needed better, I didn't think it was awful but it was too underwhelming, even with 4 title changes and AJ winning the World Title.

Remember when TNA used to put on great PPVs? The storylines were never up to much but we were guaranteed a crazy X match, good KO match, good/great tag match, some solid wrestling and an underwhelming main event. They used to manage it 12 times a year but are currently struggling to put out one great PPV a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    Remember when TNA used to put on great PPVs? The storylines were never up to much but we were guaranteed a crazy X match, good KO match, good/great tag match, some solid wrestling and an underwhelming main event. They used to manage it 12 times a year but are currently struggling to put out one great PPV a year.
    To be fair, from what it sounds like (I haven't watched the show) you just described BFG2013.

Has TNA put on a great PPV, start to finish, since Bound For Glory 2005? That's the best I remember since they went away from their weekly PPV formula.

Super Chrisss
    Quote Originally Posted by XanMan View Post
    Has TNA put on a great PPV, start to finish, since Bound For Glory 2005? That's the best I remember since they went away from their weekly PPV formula.
    I thought Destination X was fantastic last year.

Banned
    For me, I wish they would bring back King of the Mountain (wasn't that the name?) It was always entertaining. Ultimate X is always hit or miss. I believe the last one that blew me away was a while back when it was Daniels vs. Styles vs. Joe. To the guy who hasn't watched it yet--it's an OKAY show at most. It feels like a mid-level pay-per-view and not the Granddaddy of them all that its supposed to be. I don't think they had any long term booking planned for the show, which like many people have said earlier, really hurt it. AJ vs. Bully had multipule storylines going in, but they only focused on one AJ/Dixie...when it could have also had some Aces and Eights fodder as well, seeing as Bully has destroyed it. There are rumors that Anderson has resigned, so if he would have came out and cost Bully the title that would have been epic. Anyway, the show is okay. Not stellar. I still, as previously stated, enjoyed most of the matches. I still liked it better than I did NOC or Battleground for wrestling quality. For shit endings, yeah, no comparison to WWE--at least most of their matches end with a clear winner and not the audience going, WTF JUST HAPPENED. Literarlly, that was my reaction to the end of the UX match, and the Angle match.

On a side note--does anyone know if that Angle moment was a work or did he seriously hurt himself? I've watched the ending to that match several times and it looks like he knocked himself out. He hit his head pretty damn hard. Jeff Hardy too looked sort of hurt during the UX match and spent most of the time rolling around holding his knee.

Bobby Roode certainly needed a convincing victory over Kurt Angle. But if I've learned anything from watching Roode for last 2 years, he can make it his greatest moment even if he didn't win it convincingly. His USP is making gold out of shit. I hope for the best.

One very interesting development is the freeing of James Storm from the tag division. Sure, he'll still be there for some time but that guy, with the charisma that he has, is supposed to be featured heavily and not just be sidelined and forgotten. He will be a key player going forward, I do hope.

I have enjoyed Bro-Mans to a degree. I can tolerate them as Tag champs and would definetely give them a chance to impress me. But I do miss that cute hot butt-chick that used to be their Valet.

Oh and yes, I haven't seen the PPV yet. And yes, these opinions were without watching the actual PPV. I hope I'll be able to watch it before the impact because that would help me properly experience the impact.

Oliver
    I'd completely forgotten about James Storm even existing until about three weeks ago. It was a good time for me. On a personal note, I'd like him to not be featured that heavily because nI hate the character to the level that I hate Sheamus. But I think he could do with a bit of a reboot. Although...God, do I ever fear a Gunner/Storm feud. Welp.

The Angle angle - I'm pretty sure that that ending is entirely planned given the way Roode fell on him for the win tied in with him getting up off the stretcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Chrisss View Post
    I thought Destination X was fantastic last year.
    I didn't see that one, but the one after it with Aries defending against Roode was quite good, also. I never remember feeling joyful after a TNA Monthly PPV the way I felt after BFG 2005. Maybe I would have after Destination X. I probably would have, actually, because of how big a fan I am of A-Double.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    If anybody really wants to see the worst PPV of the year try TNA's Hardcore Justice PPV special, it was painful.
    Any show that featured Hardcore Holly cannot be the worst PPV of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    To be fair, from what it sounds like (I haven't watched the show) you just described BFG2013.
    I've been picking away at BFG for two days. I'm smack dab in the busiest week of my year, so I've been firing it up when I get a half hour here or there. But that's pretty much how the PPV reads.

I haven't made it to the tag team match, (but since ECIII, EGO and Bro Mans are the only characters in TNA that I'm interested in right now, they're all I'm going to talk about) but from what I hear Bro Mans started to get pretty over during the match. When it started off, the crowd was quiet and didn't care but as Bro Mans started to put up a fight and kick out of the false finishes, I guess people got in to it.

That's one thing that TNA seems to do better than WWE: fun. Fun WWE characters work for a while (Brodus Clay in the beginning, Los Matadores now) but eventually get turned into Vince McMahon comedy. Bro Mans have been running strong for months, Kaz and Daniels for two years, and they're still fun (EY for half a decade or more). But in being "fun" characters, they don't seem to lose credibility. EGO could win the top and tag belts and it wouldn't seem strange, and Bro Mans will no doubt get over and remain credible as tag champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post

That's one thing that TNA seems to do better than WWE: fun. Fun WWE characters work for a while (Brodus Clay in the beginning, Los Matadores now) but eventually get turned into Vince McMahon comedy. Bro Mans have been running strong for months, Kaz and Daniels for two years, and they're still fun (EY for half a decade or more). But in being "fun" characters, they don't seem to lose credibility. EGO could win the top and tag belts and it wouldn't seem strange, and Bro Mans will no doubt get over and remain credible as tag champions.

That is very true. EY remains over despite or may be because of the shit he has been given. That guy should be subject of a thesis. And so should be the Bad Influence. I can give chance to Bro Mans. They do seem to be a fun team.

I haven't made it to the tag team match, (but since ECIII, EGO and Bro Mans are the only characters in TNA that I'm interested in right now, they're all I'm going to talk about) but from what I hear Bro Mans started to get pretty over during the match. When it started off, the crowd was quiet and didn't care but as Bro Mans started to put up a fight and kick out of the false finishes, I guess people got in to it.
    Why not Aries? Because of how much his booking has yo-yoed?

Dropkick Murphy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick Murphy View Post
    You know what might elicit a giant pop on Thursday? Cold open on a six sided ring with AJ Styles in the middle of the ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Main Page
    The seating chart for the TNA Impact Wrestling World Tour live event on September 17th, 2015 at the Kansas Expocentre in Topeka, KS reveals a ramp leading up to a six-sided ring instead of the four-sided ring.

This could be an indication that the six-sided ring may be making a return to TNA.
    I guess it might not just be wishful thinking on my part... Thing is, weren't there numerous reports of talent being happier because of the safer ring?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by XanMan View Post
    Why not Aries? Because of how much his booking has yo-yoed?
    He's not doing anything to interest me. It takes more than good matches to keep me in to a character.

I was interested in Aries vs Roode but they dropped it, I was interested Aries vs King on the night that King came back, but that never materialized.

Right now, he's just not doing anything. One night he's a cocky face, the next he might as well be a heel. It's just not my cup of tea.

Feud him with King or Sabin and see what comes of it.

Banned
    The only think I'm getting sick of hearing/reading about is that TNA is going out of business. How long as that been floating around? I remember their one hour impact's when they first go on TV and even then people were screaming they'd fail and go out of business. We shouldn't be wishing TNA goes out of business but get some of their shit together and become a strong brand. Do they need to compete with the WWE? No. They should be a perfectly reasonable alternative to the WWE brand. The way they cut interviews, the use of blood, using more banned moves than WWE, and stuff like that (maybe six sided ring if it comes back) are ways to make it stand out. I want them to be successful and make a lot of money and grow, grow, grow. More than 2 hours a week would be good for them too, that way they get more exposure and more talent can be used. WWE has how many hours a week for programming? 6 hours? I don't know, I wish both companies and ROH lots of success, because as a fan of wrestling, i would hate to see any brand go out of business! Fingers crossed that TNA can turn things around finally and get the show moving in the right direction.

Reality Champ
    I mean....when they're forced to cancel shows and stop going on the road, likely because of money problems, the financial stability of the company is going to be questioned, and it's a fair question. That's also the reason why they won't have more shows and more hours. Shows cost money.

Super Moderator
    At least they're making these financial decisions. How many promotions run by wrestling people and not business people would press on doing everything the same until they just went bankrupt?

I'm impressed by the restraint that they're showing that WCW didn't.

Like I said before, it's time for them to learn from their mistakes. They tried too much, too fast bringing Impact on the road live. It was a gamble that they needed to take because if it had paid off it would have made them a ton and gotten them more exposure. But the gamble didn't pay off.

So I hope they go back to the Impact Zone for a few months, then branch out once a month to FL/GA/SC/AL for Impact. Then if that works out, branch out twice a month and so on.

Build your territory. Become a "southern" company that people in those southern states look forward to seeing, and then start to slowly branch farther.

Remember, WWE was selling out MSG and arenas all throughout the Northeast and Canada before they started travelling nationally JCP was doing the same in the Mid-Atlantic before WCW went national. TNA has never been to that stage and hasn't made an attempt to try and get there before touring nationally.

Goldberg Rules!
    I still want to know why San Diego of all places got the big show.

Someone needs to answer that question.

Banned
    Yeah that's an odd choice.

From what I've heard is TNA is doing great business overseas, especially in the UK. Could you imagine if they went there to produce shows? Those were some great shows with some super hot crowds.

Oliver
    It's free to air in the UK, though - so gets to a much bigger market than being on a cable TV channel like WWE in the UK, or TNA in the US (Spike is a cable channel, right?). I'm pretty sure every PPV is free to air as well, last night BFG was on from 9 pm to midnight on Challenge, alongside the usual TV programs. It's a small thing, but in the UK where a Sky or similar subscription isn't necessarily the norm it may be the only wrestling exposure some people get. So if you're going to watch something weekly, TNA is the easiest, cheapest option - and the same goes for ticket prices. I think the most expensive tickets on their last tour were 25, if I remember what the person I know who went said - that's the same as the cheapest WWE ticket.

At least they're making these financial decisions. How many promotions run by wrestling people and not business people would press on doing everything the same until they just went bankrupt?

Like I said before, it's time for them to learn from their mistakes. They tried too much, too fast bringing Impact on the road live. It was a gamble that they needed to take because if it had paid off it would have made them a ton and gotten them more exposure. But the gamble didn't pay off.

So I hope they go back to the Impact Zone for a few months, then branch out once a month to FL/GA/SC/AL for Impact. Then if that works out, branch out twice a month and so on.

Build your territory. Become a "southern" company that people in those southern states look forward to seeing, and then start to slowly branch farther.

Remember, WWE was selling out MSG and arenas all throughout the Northeast and Canada before they started travelling nationally JCP was doing the same in the Mid-Atlantic before WCW went national. TNA has never been to that stage and hasn't made an attempt to try and get there before touring nationally.
    Remember that post of mine that you quoted and enjoyed so much about TNA? I think we were both going in the same direction. Financially, and as bookers, they have to treat the promotion as a territory more than ever. Having guys like Samoa Joe around, taking up space and budget to be such a midcard non-player is ludicrous. If this was the early 80s, he'd leave Florida to go to Memphis, Texas, New York...etc.

Is anybody actually excited for Impact tonight?

Goldberg Rules!
    Meh. If I have zero going on (not likely with GTA Online still being a heap of fun), I'll put it on in the background.

Super Moderator
    Is tonight live? I don't even know.

Whatever the case, I'll probably DVR it and maybe catch it later. I've gotta head to the gym and go play some wheelchair basketball.

Goldberg Rules!
    Chiropractor taking a turn for the worse?

Super Moderator
    Haha! No, I have a friend who organizes special needs programs for a living and needs bodies.

I just started watching Bound For Glory. And two things to comment on -

1. X-Division was fun for what it was but didn't amount to much of anything. What was the need to put Double A in this? He and Bobby Roode could have fired the build and the ring if they both had collided. 5 people gone to waste. Although, I do like this Chris Sabin character for sure.

2. I didn't understand the negativity towards the decision of not showcasing Bad Influence on the main card. They WERE showcased on the main card and voiced the very opinions that you guys are giving here in the forums! I loved their little promo and I would much rather prefer them in that role than another tag title reign.

Also, Gunner seems to be good on the mic. Liked his pre-match promo. And yes, James Storm needs to be in or near main event.

Henchman 21
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAman View Post
    I mean....when they're forced to cancel shows and stop going on the road, likely because of money problems, the financial stability of the company is going to be questioned, and it's a fair question. That's also the reason why they won't have more shows and more hours. Shows cost money.
    Questioning the strength of the company is one thing, saying they are going out of business in a short time is another. I understand people wondering if they are but what is going on is not a sign they are for sure. Starbucks, as other chains including McDonalds I think, have closed stores at one time or another but does not mean they are going extinct. Businesses need to expand to grow stronger but sometimes they do it too quick or in a wrong way and have to pull back.

As far as why BFG was in San Diego I am thinking outside of the southeast, the west has been pretty successful for them. I am pretty sure Impacts and a PPV or two in Texas were good along with Vegas. As far as California I think they had some success there. Not sure where NWA Hollywood is based out of but I think TNA is building a working relationship with them. So that might have been a factor.

The Brain

Gahhhh, so much truth in one post. Word seems to be that Bischoff is gone as well, which if so can only mean good things in my book.

Exclamation Lockdown 2014

Welcome to the 2014 Lockdown Discussions Thread in the LOP Forums
    Listed below are the matches we can look forward to on Sunday night, all of which will be featured inside the steel cage.
    TNA commentator Tazz says that stipulation automatically makes every match akin to a main event match.
    Typically, the steel cage is used to finish off some pretty intense feuds, and this PPV should be no exception.
    Though there are a few matches who could do without, some of these should be all the better because of the cage stipulation.

STEEL CAGE MATCH
    Cross Promotional between TNA & Wrestle 1
    Bad Influence & Chris Sabin vs. The Great Muta, Sanada and Nakanoue

STEEL CAGE MATCH
    Father of Twins vs. Creepy Bastard
    Mr. Anderson vs. Samuel Shaw

STEEL CAGE KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    Madison Rayne vs. Gail Kim (Champion)

STEEL CAGE GRUDGE MATCH
    Former Tag Team Partners Fight Over A Title Shot In A Briefcase
    "The Modern Day Viking" Gunner vs. "Cowboy" James Storm

STEEL CAGE CROSS PROMOTIONAL CHALLENGE
    Manik vs. Tigre Uno

STEEL CAGE MATCH (CANCELLED DUE TO ANGLE'S INJURY)
    Hall Of Famer and Legend vs. Young & Entitled Rookie
    Kurt Angle vs. Ethan Carter III

STEEL CAGE MATCH (OPEN CHALLENGE)
    Ethan Carter III vs. ???

STEEL CAGE LETHAL LOCKDOWN
    Winner gains complete control over TNA Wrestling operations
    Team MVP (MVP, Jeff Hardy, The Wolves) vs. Team Dixie (Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, The BroMans)

STEEL CAGE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    Dixie’s man, the Paper Champion vs. Main Event Mafian and Former Champ
    Magnus (Champion) vs. Samoa Joe

The Lockdown card is set, with Jeff Hardy being added to Team MVP, and a new cage match being announced between Manik and Tigre Uno.
    Looking forward to the event and to the discussion that comes from it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JCool; 03-09-2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: additional content

Henchman 21
    The cross promotion match has my most interest. I think a few of these matches are good but that one should be real good. Some FRESH really good talent. I'm tempted to drive down to Miami to see it. I wonder if TNA has a plan to team Shaw with Bully.

StormDragonZ
    TNA has released a statement that Kurt Angle went into surgery and will not take part in Lockdown.

As of right now, the plan is for EC3 to make an open challenge. The potential choice may be the return of Kenny King, or Abyss.

A Professional Sort Of
    That is unfortunate. Hopefully Kurt will get through this latest round of surgery. Is it the end of Angle's career? It seems like he is fighting hurt way too often over the last 8 years.