View Poll Results: Who will win the Lethal Lockdown Steel Cage Match?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team MVP

6 66.67%
  • Team Dixie

3 33.33%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact Wrestling PPV Discussion Thread

What a shit PPV.

Absurd PPV. Really showed the lack of focus from the company. Too many illogical endings, the main event was heavily drawn out and every match failed to deliver. The Knockouts match was perhaps the best of the night, and it shows just how far TNA has fallen from the promise that it was showing earlier during the year. Disappointed.

One of the worst PPV's I've seen it years.

Goldberg Rules!
    I declare I am officially done with TNA.

I feel sorry for those who attended the PPV.

StormDragonZ
    Look back on those bets, that's got to suck for a lot of people.

Predictions: 4.5/8

Expectations: 1/8

Holy crap, my expectations failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Subho View Post

I feel sorry for those who attended the PPV.
    I like that the scattered people in the upper levels aren't even bothering to move closer down.

I only read the recap, how does the joke heel jobber team beat the tag champions?

StormDragonZ
    Am I the only person who felt the ring looked smaller than normal?

The Brain
    Not to go in the face of the general tone of the thread, but aside from the Sting/Magnus match and Bad Influence being robbed of air time I enjoyed the show. Hoping they expand on that tease that Bully did for returning Aces members, I kept expecting some extra interference but it never came. Great effort by AJ though, the man really puts it all out there. Those bruises! Damn.

Of the 4 PPVs this year this was probably the weakest, but I thought it was a good time. And hey, no Hogan!

I'm not sure if it's the expectations of people or the general discontent with TNA at present, but I feel like my buddies and I were watching a different show than some of you. Most of the matches were entertaining and competitive. There were even a few legit spots where we were on the edge of our seats wondering what might happen next. I don't feel like this makes us immature viewers. I know for sure that I'm much more of an optimist and I will always try to find the positives in a situation, but TNA's Bound For Glory wasn't a bad PPV. It wasn't Wrestlemania. In fact, I think that comparison needs to end right now. No one is on the same level as WWE and so the comparison is moot.

I enjoyed Bound For Glory and will definitely be writing about why in the schoolhouse later this week.
    Thursday's Impact is a must-see as far as I'm concerned...lots of good lead-ins and questions coming out of BFG, and a lot to celebrate with AJ Styles defeating Bully Ray, despite the promise of an Aces & Eights re-birth...which may yet happen.

Sad to see so many empty seats though. San Diego can do better than that.

That show was fucking dogshit. The fact that the BroMans were the stars of the night ought to tell you something about the product.

Just a bunch of nothing throughout. Nothing in the Ultimate X match. Nothing in Angle/Roode. Nothing to Sting/Magnus. Nothing to the end of Styles/Bully. Bring in Lei'D Tapa just to have her provide muscle for Gail Kim instead of doing her own thing. Just a bunch of fucking nothing. You build up UX as being an all-star bout that's gonna steal the show, and have them do nothing of note. You build up Bad Intentions as the best tag team you've got while making the BroMans look like fools, losing to ODB, and then have them win the titles. You have both Sting/Magnus and Roode/Angle look like they should be star-making performances, and have Magnus carry his match and Roode win his by the pure fucking luck of Angle killing himself. You build up dissension in the ranks of Aces and Eights, and do nothing with that during the show. You build up Dixie Carter as not wanting AJ to win, do two things during the middle of the match, and just have her watch as Styles pins and wins. You had multiple threads going on into that main event, and you worked on NONE of them. It's a fucking joke, and after investing my interest in this company, you are damn sure I was let down and practically spit upon by the performances tonight.

Henchman 21
    As I stated I did not get to see the PPV so I can not speak on the matches but from the results I am excited about the direction TNA is headed. Of course that does not mean they will not mess it up but they have great potential going forward. I said that I was expecting a new direction of sorts and that BFG was like the end of a season and that is what happened. It is a semi reboot but unlike in WCW near the end they did not just hand the belts to new people. All titles changed hands and look to be getting some good focus going forward. While story lines were lacking going into BFG there is plenty coming out of it.

X division - Hail Sabin as he is back on top. Does Manik get more than just a return match? If not where does he go from here? Does Aries step up and try and take the belt off Sabin? Could Sabin see some former X guys return for a chance at the belt as has been hinted? I would LOVE to see Sonjay Dutt come back and beat Sabin to FINALLY win the X title.

KO division - Will ODB get a return match or will she have to go through Tapa first? Will Brooke continue going for the gold or settle into being Bully's old lady? And will Velvet be seeking revenge against Tapa?

Tag division - looking pretty decent again. The champs will get a rematch I am sure while Bad Influence look to have a monster of trouble ahead of them. Plus BroMens better watch out for the team of EY and Park/Abyss.

World title division - Oh my, so many questions here. How does Dixie try and punish AJ? What does AJ do going forward now that he has the title? Maybe he takes it to Japan? Can Bully win his 3rd World title? Is Aces really stronger than they have seemed? Is it the old guys coming back or new guys? If either way does play out, do they follow Bully or a returning Anderson? Is Angle going to get back into the picture? Roode? Magnus?

In interviews Bully was hinting at a more real, raw, aggressive TNA and Aries talked about talent getting to be more of themselves. Can we be seeing this going forward. I mean if the rumors of TNA being on the brink are true, what do they have to lose. They NEED to be different than WWE. WWE is the Disney of wrestling and no one is going to be able to compete with them at their game now if ever. So TNA needs to be a bit different. I am looking forward to Thursday to see which way they are heading in their "new season".

Banned
    I just saw Bound For Glory and though I agree with some of the points made by Jeff, I can't agree entirely. As far as the matches go themselves, i was highly entertained by nearly all of them expect for two: UX and Sting/Magnus. All the other matches were pretty good over all and I felt I got my money's worth--more so than I feel I got from both of WWE's last two efforts. Did I like the ending of Kurt/Roode, hell no. I thought if Angle hurt himself, than just do the double count out and call it a day. Roode doing the pin at the last second defeated everything that came before it, but it was still an awesome match up till that point. I liked the Triple Threat for the Knockout's title. It was solid. I think putting Tapa with Gail will be great, because Gail can help build her up a bit, and besides, Gail would do something like that. Gail is one of the best heel female wrestlers on any roster at the moment. Bully and AJ, yes Aces should have gotten involved, but the match was about AJ beating the odds and overcoming Dixie. She should have done more, maybe brought in someone to stop AJ only for AJ to turn things around--but the match itself was awesome. Did this show need a big surprises, not really. All the title changed hands so, as the rumors were saying, TNA can reset and go from here. I know a lot of people were angry to see Bromance win, but I was hppay for it. They are really funny and I for one would love to see the return of Mason Ryan to join them! I think over all I would give the show a B+. The ending of the UX match was horrible and the Sting match was just sort of sad. Oh well, whenever you get a PPV, no matter which brand or which show, you are going to have duds and excellent stuff. I mean just look how bad WM 29 was besides a few standouts.

Crodus Blay
    The fact that the fucking PRE-SHOW MATCH was longer than the MAIN EVENT OF THEIR EQUIVALENT TO WRESTLEMANIA is just sad. Also, why the hell is Bad Influence left off of the card, but TNA's version of 3MB gets to win the tag titles?

Holy crap, this company has really fallen off since they began to pick up steam around Slammiversary.

I hate to say this guys but I actually enjoyed Bound for Glory. Yes it wasn't the greatest ever but honestly it wasn't that bad. I don't know I guess I went into it since I was watching it on replay expecting a bad show so my expectations were down but it was way better than I was expecting.

Banned
    Bromance is not 3MB.

I do regret Bad Influence didn't get the match, but happy to see a possible EY/Abyss vs. Bad Influence fued. That should be epic.

Goldberg Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by the icon returns View Post
    Oh well, whenever you get a PPV, no matter which brand or which show, you are going to have duds and excellent stuff.
    Patently false and a poor attempt to salvage a shit PPV.

I'm just wondering if whoever it was Bully was talking to in the shadows beforehand saw how bad the PPV was and decided to leave. He legitimately look surprised when Dixie came out and not the other people.

I find it mega hilarious that nakedboy didn't watch the show, but is already telling us why it was good. Hilarious stuff.

Super Moderator
    I've got it ready to watch on my computer. I'll reserve judgement until I do. Hopefully, if I condense, I can fit it in between work and Raw.

StormDragonZ
    I would almost say Slammiversary was better than Bound For Glory.

Almost...

The Brain
    I would definitely say Slammiversary was better, and Lockdown as well.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    I declare I am officially done with TNA.
    That's kind of how I feel. After I attended Slammiversary earlier this year my level of interest in TNA was at an all time high. I was actually looking forward to this show and I thought it was terrible. The matches were a disappointment and the booking defied logic. I can see myself going back to forgetting Impact is on half the time going forward.

Going by the results of the show (I didn't want it), the best thing I can say is that TNA was able to deliver their number one goal of making A.J. champion. That to me was the most important factor, and by all accounts it seems they did that accordingly. Beyond that though, I haven't read anything that's made me regret not buying the show. The problem is that while the show may not have been as bad as some say (and again, I don't know if that's the case), it definitely wasn't as good as I think TNA wanted/needed it to be, especially with all the problems they may be having. You can't advertise a show as being the Wrestlemania of your promotion, and then give Spring Stampede instead.

And for the love of all things, how in the hell could TNA pass over Daniels and Kaz in favor of the most annoying team in wrestling today? There is no defending that decision at all, no matter if it got the belts off of Storm and Gunner.

That summed up my thoughts nicely.

Dropkick Murphy
    Instead of rag or brag on BFG, I'mma change the topic:

AJ Styles was the last champion of the TNA Before Hogan and is now the first champion Post Hogan.

Is there a single wrestler happier about Hogan leaving than him?

A lot of people don't remember this, but TNA was doing really good when A.J. became champ right before the Hogan regime. That's actually the only time Vince Russo was actually able to book good TV by himself.

Dropkick Murphy
    Yep. A killer tag scene centred around Beer Money and MCMG, Daniels, Joe and Styles at the top of the card, Nigel McGuinness' series of matches against Kurt Angle, the peak of the KO division and the brilliant heel character of Eric Young.

First PPV of the Hogan era killed everything though. The 6-sided ring disappeared, Daniels jobbed to Val Venis, EY became a bitch to Nash, the tag division moved to Morgan and Hernandez as champs, Joe got abducted by ninjas and AJ Styles was turned into the Ric Flair wannabe.

You know what might elicit a giant pop on Thursday? Cold open on a six sided ring with AJ Styles in the middle of the ring.

Banned
    I think fans of TNA are hoping now with Hogan gone, new champions crowned, that a better tomorrow is on the horizon. Its a shame how some of the stuff goes down in TNA...a huge example is the death of Aces and 8's from the inside out. I don't even understand why the Main Event Mafia was formed, when Bully killed the stable himself. Kicking out one or two guys, okay I can see that, but all of them but two!!! Where is the logic in that?

Again for me BFG wasn't terrible. It wasn't great either. Someone above stated that if BFG is their Wrestlemania than they have to do a hell of a lot better job building up feuds, creating angles, and make people want to tune in to Impact. They didn't do that. In spite of that, most of the matches were still solid, but most (as usual with TNA) had shitty outcomes. I have been a fan of the brand since around 2004 and still give them my support. They have their moments of excellence and their horrific pitfalls...with Hogan gone, my fingers are crossed that they will bring back in some talent they cut lose (Mason Ryan, Petty Williams, Matt Morgan, Sonja Dutt, Alex Shelly, and some of the Knockouts). I really want to see the return of Generation Me and the MCMG. Bully either needs to rebuild the A and 8's or end it, because its pretty much dead with just two dudes--Mafia has them out numbed now anyway.

And Drop Kick--that would be a great way to open the show! Love the idea.

Henchman 21
    Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    I find it mega hilarious that nakedboy didn't watch the show, but is already telling us why it was good. Hilarious stuff.
    Well look what the cat dragged in. I was wondering why some farmer was fertilizing his field at the end of the season. But I see it was just you I was smelling. So, you have come to let us know one can only judge things they see with their own eyes. Even though I was talking about future story lines and not the product. How cute of you. I guess people can not understand history if they were not back there to live it. Or heck, there is the famous if you did not play the sport you can not understand it. So pen, how many times have you stepped in the squared circle and performed? Which wrestling promotion is it you are running again? Yea, that is what I though. Go ahead and crawl back under your rock and we will call you when we need a cute little snide remark on the TNA product. Till then you can play with your Chucky doll.

5 lines, and nowhere do you make any sense. Which isn't shocking considering you never have. Continue commenting on a show you haven't even watched. It's much more fun to read than Chucky reviews.

Damn, I wish I had a Chucky doll.

Quote Originally Posted by Henchman 21 View Post
    So, you have come to let us know one can only judge things they see with their own eyes.
    Actually, that's how it works, if you want your opinion to be taken seriously at all. You can't have an opinion on a movie you didn't watch, and album you didn't listen to, or a TNA PPV you didn't see. The written results don't always (hell, ever) tell the full story or give you the full experience of what happened. You can't actually see or feel how the audience or the wrestlers felt during the match. You don't see how crisply or poorly moves were performed, or how the pacing was. Unless you see it for yourself, your opinion is meaningless, especially because so much can be skewed by written results and the bias of the person writing them.

"But what about history?" History is written by the winners and does not always accurately explain what happened, i.e. the lies we were all told as kids about Christopher Columbus. So no, you can't accurately understand history, or anything, really, if you didn't actually experience it. You can only live vicariously through the opinions and thoughts of other people, which is not close to the same thing.

Banned
    I will say that the worst moment at BFG was EC3 vs. that little guy. Man that was just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by the icon returns View Post
    I will say that the worst moment at BFG was EC3 vs. that little guy. Man that was just sad.
    Dude, that was fantastic. Only behind BroMans/GunStorm in terms of my personal enjoyment. The former Derrick Bateman did his thing (though I was expecting more ham on his part), and Pretty Peter Avalon did his job well. He was supposed to get beaten up and try valiantly but fail, and PPA did just that. Much more exciting than most of the other slow, plodding matches on the card.

Henchman 21
    Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    5 lines, and nowhere do you make any sense. Which isn't shocking considering you never have. Continue commenting on a show you haven't even watched. It's much more fun to read than Chucky reviews.

Damn, I wish I had a Chucky doll.
    Yea I guess your head is so far up your ass it is cutting off circulation to your brain. I should have realized that from your first comment when you could not understand the difference between talking about future story lines and talking about the actual PPV. Then again maybe you do realize and that is why you did not make any comments directly at what I said. Because you knew what I said was solid. I pointed out that while TNA might blow it they have many directions they can go forward with. So instead of discussing that you take a really lame pop shot. I guess that is all you can muster these days. On the bright side you might have a future in politics. Avoid challenging specific view points and just make broad negative statements regarding a person.

Oh and look, you are not alone. Jeff seems to be afflicted from the same comprehensive problems that you do. So you have someone to talk to between your inane comments about a product and show you have no interest in. Me, I will keep on enjoying and talking about something I like. I just do not see the pleasure in following something I can not stand but whatever makes you happy.

Super Moderator
    So, I guess I'm the only one that's in to the Bro Mans tag team and is happy that they're at the top of the division? They could have taken another month or two of rebuilding to get there, but whatever.

I think the fans might well get behind their over the top antics. Bad Influence can feud with EY and Park/Abyss and then move on to Bro Mans. That over the top madness would be pure brilliance.

Bro Mans vs EGO with Bobby Roode playing the straight man to the four of them interests me big time.

Henchman 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Bro Mans vs EGO with Bobby Roode playing the straight man to the four of them interests me big time.
    That is something I had not thought of and does sound good. I actually like the Bro Mans and see them as a team that makes it to the top in spite of themselves. It is like how George the Animal Steele had the tools to be an IC champ in mid 80s but wasn't all there upstairs. Robbie is a former X and TV champion and Jessie has muscle. Which makes me think it would be interesting if Robbie T came back with a partner and challenged them. Either way, their reign should be entertaining at least.

Oliver
    Fuck Sabin.

Also, fuck TNA for producing a three hour version of Impact instead of a pay per view. This thing was a mess from top to bottom without a single saving grace except the appearance of EC3. What a disaster. And you know what the worst thing about it was? Roode, Magnus and AJ should all come out as stars from the night having beaten a pair of legends and a dominant TNA Champion respectively, yet they absolutely buggered up all three matches. Such a shame. Nobody that won gained anything, and there wasn't anything worth watching.

I'll give them one more Impact, because if they really pull their finger out I'm in favour of them changing the guard like they seem to want to, but unless it happens this Thursday I'm just going to fill the time I would spend watching with more NJPW.

Banned
    I think its sort of funny listening to these compliants...I remember hearing people say that NOC was just another Raw. I do get the feeling that it didn't feel like a pay-per-view. The stage, the atmosphere, just didn't feel BIG. For the biggest show of the year it did feel like a live impact.
    Last edited by the icon returns; 10-22-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henchman 21 View Post
    Yea I guess your head is so far up your ass it is cutting off circulation to your brain. I should have realized that from your first comment when you could not understand the difference between talking about future story lines and talking about the actual PPV. Then again maybe you do realize and that is why you did not make any comments directly at what I said. Because you knew what I said was solid. I pointed out that while TNA might blow it they have many directions they can go forward with. So instead of discussing that you take a really lame pop shot. I guess that is all you can muster these days. On the bright side you might have a future in politics. Avoid challenging specific view points and just make broad negative statements regarding a person.

Oh and look, you are not alone. Jeff seems to be afflicted from the same comprehensive problems that you do. So you have someone to talk to between your inane comments about a product and show you have no interest in. Me, I will keep on enjoying and talking about something I like. I just do not see the pleasure in following something I can not stand but whatever makes you happy.
    Whatever you say, man. You're still the guy who's giving praise to a promotion following an event you haven't even seen. It's complete nonsense, no matter how you spew it. And take note that you spent a lot more time attacking my character with broad statements than I did of yours. All I said was that you never make sense. You spent 2 posts so far telling me I smell like shit, have low blood circulation to the brain, have my head of my ass, still play with dolls, and have comprehension problems. Yeah, you're so on top of things, aren't ya, little buddy?

But I'll repeat: you're still the guy commenting on a show you haven't even watched. You can say you're talking about storylines only, but it makes no difference because you're still selling TNA as a success from BFG because of the storyline options. Again, BFG, a show you haven't yet watched.

See, I haven't watched the show, but nor have I commented on the content or the storylines. I haven't said a single word about TNA, positive or negative in this entire thread. All I said was how it was funny to see the TNApologist defending a show you didn't even watch. I don't need to flame you, or say anything derogatory at all. Your own posts make you look like a bigger fool than anything I could say would do. And because someone else (Jeff) noticed the same thing, you're now insulting him. You've got some true insecurity issues, don't you? In real life I mean. Because only someone who's afraid of their own shadow would go on the defensive so quickly for something so stupid, and think they weren't making an ass out of themselves.

You really put one over on me, little buddy. You got me this time. I'll go aloe this burn you've so deservedly nailed me with. Ouch, it's hurting.... (snicker)