Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177
Results 7,041 to 7,079 of 7079

Thread: Writers' Block

You need to get your eyes checked, those tumbleweeds have been rolling through this place for a long, long time.

EDIT: Whoo, late page break celebration!
    Last edited by Degenerate; 07-16-2017 at 01:41 AM.

It's because people aren't celebrating page-breaks adequately.

Or posting images of attractive women and lolcats.

You're right! Allow me...

Just a little warmup.

Attractive women with lolcats, please.

My current mood in the CF:

Love you Dennis

Where was my kurt angle gay lover storyline??? I demand bearly reviewing make this right tomorrow

WWE has a natural tendency to fuck things up. There's every chance Angle will reveal at some point that he's not really his son. They could reveal he is in fact his lover. Or they'll go Game of Thrones style and he'll be his son and his lover. The Angle vs Jordan matches promise to be both incredible and emotional from this angle (no Kurt) so could be great. When one turns on the other monster heeldom awaits.

When I saw the moment unfold I immediately thought of this:

Then this appeared in the Related Videos section:

People are really quick nowadays.

I was walking through a pharmacy with my wife when I suddenly saw a recognizable figure on the box of one of the products. This is New Japan and former nWo member Masahiro Chono promoting what I thought was an energy drink of sorts:

I posted this pic on Twitter yesterday, but I wanted to at least give some more activity to the Block (and prevent that last post to be a Block killer, whatever it means).

I was curious as to why it cost so much for a tiny bottle (980 Yen / $8.75). So, I just did some investigation and if I'm reading the Japanese website correctly, it turns out that it's actually a drink to help guys with erectile dysfunction. So I guess it is an energy drink, just not the energy you get from a can of Red Bull.

I immediately thought of Spaceballs when I saw that. They should use the film to advertise that product.

"And I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine. Now, let's see how well you handle it."

Wow, that would be the perfect product for that, too.

It's always a good day whenever I get sheepster to post here.

If I post, genny is sandwiched between two Welshman. Many a lady has spent a night like that .

I'm trying to buy a house and find viewing properties ridiculously time consuming and dull. Can someone find me one and I'll pay for it?

I guess I should appreciate you calling me a "lady" instead of "slag" or whatever word the Welsh use.

Seeing that you're 389 miles from sheepster, is the plan to be closer or farther?

I actually really love house hunting.

Need a roomie, nonymo?

I'd love to see Steve's location updated to "0 miles from nonymo".

I also would love to see that filmed into a reality show of sorts.

It'd consist of me sitting on the sofa eating cereal as nonymo brings in girl after girl to ream, all the while apologizing for his roommate who keeps asking if anyone wants to, "Munch some Honeycomb while watching music videos from the 90s."

Also we would attend ballroom dancing lessons and find ourselves without partners, thus having to dance with each other. Hijinks would ensue until class graduation day when we rock our final dance at the big ceremony and receive a standing ovation.

Oddly enough, the first thought I had when reading that post was "Do Welsh supermarkets sell Honeycomb?"

I like to think 'nony is awesome enough to occasionally come home with more than one girl and share.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
    I guess I should appreciate you calling me a "lady" instead of "slag" or whatever word the Welsh use.

Seeing that you're 389 miles from sheepster, is the plan to be closer or farther?
    Probably similar. Within 20 miles of where I am now really. Just looking for somewhere bigger and better. I'm right in the middle of the British countryside where I am now so it's quite pleasant.

One day I'll return to Sheepster though. I miss the Welsh ways. I miss the people back home and the way of life. I'll always love Wales and one day I'll return.

Quote Originally Posted by YourAyatollah View Post
    I actually really love house hunting.

Need a roomie, nonymo?
    I have considered sub-letting weirdly. I do love the idea of what our lives could look like if we lived together. Though my alcohol intake and general lifestyle means I'm never actually home much.

I didn't know (most likely forgot) you were currently on British soil. I hope your return to Wales is a triumphant one.

Strange day today...

Every day is a strange day if you think hard enough.

I hope everyone's at least having better weather where you are than I am - the forecast here for the next couple of days is a high of 97 (36 Celsius), and the heat index hitting over 105 (40 Celsius).

We've hit a string of 90+ degree days which, in New England, feels like death. What sucks even more is that we started a basement job on Monday; a nice cool place to work during this heat wave. But then I find out Tuesday night that one of our builders needs us to paint the outside of a new construction home ASAP so we've been outside baking in the sun since Wednesday. It's a tough place to try and hide in the shade. My tattoos have already started melting off.

I came down to Gulf Shores for the week. I was disappointed when I saw on the forecast that the weather called for storms all week. Then I found out that the weather forecast doesn't really apply to the coastline. Then I was disappointed that it was sunny and 90 all week. 9/10, would vacation again.

The weather has been alright here for the most part, but the last hour it has started chucking it down. Thankfully I am indoors for the day, so no risk of getting soaked today.
    Turbo Zone Wrestling. May Edition
    http://www.lordsofpain.tv/showthread...ZW-May-Edition

Or if you are looking for something more cerebeal, here is PPV-Star 2016.
    http://www.lordsofpain.tv/showthread...ar-2016-Part-8

The rainy season here is June, and it went by with little rain which is cool for me but bad for farmers. Enjoy some of the rain while it's around. Unless you're on vacation. In that case, screw the rain.

Does anyone else here think there's too much wrestling nowadays? I probably would have been super-happy if I had this much wrestling when I didn't have a full-time job. Now, I barely can skim through Raw and Smackdown on Hulu on a given week, only catch half of the Pay-Per-Views, and with New Japan's G1 going on I've only been able to pick and choose 1-2 matches per night. Everything else has fallen on the wayside. I would love to watch full episodes of 205 Live and NXT but haven't done that in months. I'd also love to get into Dragon Gate and maybe Stardom, but that's just about impossible now. I wish I had a little more time for it.

Wrestling, in that regard, is pretty similar to the rest of entertainment, especially "television" or what the equivalent of that is at the moment. Take your Netflix queue as an example. There's no way in hell that you'll ever watch all the cool shit you've stumbled across and put on there. It's sitting there waiting, but will possibly never be watched. Hell, I'm still behind on the Marvel shows, alone.

There's so much content out there and available now that it can never be consumed in totality. It's difficult to even consume it selectively. WWE alone is producing 7 hours of original programming per week and that's not counting PPVs. Throw those in the mix and you're looking at 10. That's a lot of content. And that doesn't take into account the new stuff showing up on the Network on a fairly consistent basis. But they're no different than any other entertainment entity in that regard. The Mae Young Classic is an example of that. It'll be released as multiple episodes at once, perfect for binge watching. That's kind of new territory for WWE, the sort of thing you do when you recognize that the rules of the game are actively evolving.

So no, I don't think there's too much wrestling nowadays anymore than I think that there's too much regular TV out there. It'll either get watched or it won't, and the new rules of the game dictate that it'll always be there waiting for me should I want to catch up at some point. I don't think they expect us to watch it all. Sure, they want us to, but I don't think they expect it. Because they full well know what they're competing with. We no longer live in a world where if you're not watching wrestling on Monday night that you can only watch a handful of other things on different channels. Anyone can now watch literally thousands of things at any given time they damn well please. WWE, and wrestling in general, is attempting to fit that evolving dynamic by making themselves available on our schedule as opposed to theirs.

I know what you mean, though, as it pertains to just not being able to find enough time to watch everything I want to. It almost becomes a burden. Going back to Netflix and the Marvel shows, I've had so much shit going on and so much random stuff to do over the last little bit that I've still not watched either Luke Cage or Iron Fist. Meanwhile, The Defenders comes out really soon and I know I need to watch that shit before I dig into it. It's almost become like something I'm dreading. Throw in that I need to watch the new season of Agents of SHIELD in its entirety, still haven't caught Stranger Things (I'm waiting until around October so that my wait for Season 2 is shorter and I can consume it all at once), want to see GLOW before it's spoiled for me, am kinda wanting to go back through and watch Samurai Jack in its entirety so that I can be more immersed in the newest season and am currently 5 episodes away from completing every Hulu available episode of Catfish (which I introduced my mother to and now has to be watched in tandem with her)... and I've got entirely too much entertainment to consume without the necessary time to consume it. And that's all as I'm battling against my naturally embedded instincts to rewatch Friends. Again. As I have after every break up for about the last decade.

But I'll get there. Just like you with DragonGate or Stardom or the G1 or anything else. If it's important and worth watching, it's easier than it ever has been to play catch-up nowadays. It's less about there being too much wrestling or entertainment or anything else and more about simply not having enough spare time or the impetus to try and organize how and when you're going to wade through it all.

I can see that for the most part. Podcasts are a good example for me being pretty selective with what I subscribe to. Recently I cleaned up my podcast subscriptions to about 12 shows and will probably cut it down further. I was subscribed to way too many shows, and a lot of them consistently put out 1-2 hour episodes. I just minimized it to the ones that I always excited to find a new show about, or are short enough to not need a significant time commitment. The shows I have now are enough for my walks or gym sessions during the week, and I don't need to take more time than that.

Still, that's a bit different that with the wrestling content for me. With a podcast, most of the times I can wait weeks or even months and it'll still be fresh and relevant when I listen to it. You can make the same argument with television or Netflix programming. The main risk of not watching the latest Game of Thrones or House of Cards episode the moment it comes out is someone will spoil it for you. But that can be avoided if you actively work on it. The programs will still be great to watch whenever you get to it. With wrestling, if you skip more than a week or two, you'll either have to play catch-up or just miss a lot of the in-between content that may or may not be needed to get with the current program. You'll just never get up to speed entirely, which is where my frustration lies.

I've often wondered how it would impact my fandom were I to just watch the "secondary" WWE product. You know, NXT, 205, Main Event if that even still airs. It was the old Sunday Night Heat that got me thinking about it a long, long time ago, back when Stevie Richards had declared himself GM of Heat and nobody did or said anything about it because nobody gave a shit. That was the actual storyline. Heat was such a low priority that company management gave no fucks and literally let an inmate run the asylum. And it was awesome. Full of dudes you never saw on the main shows, some fun stories that never crossed over to Raw or SD, let alone got PPV payoff in any way. It was fun.

Anywho, I wonder what that would do to my fandom now? I kinda can't do that due to my Late Shift gig and all, but it'd be a neat experiment. I actually kinda sorta think that's what Shane is doing, though he's only rolling with NXT. But could you imagine if you only watched 205 and NXT and tuned into PPV because the match you were legit most excited for, the only one for which you'd seen any build, was the Cruiserweight Championship? That'd be a unique way to experience WWE in the modern day. Then maybe you could appreciate guys like Reigns or whatever because everything besides what Neville is doing would basically be frosting. Just extra goodness to enjoy with no real bias either towards or against.

As to catching up... I think that WCW: The Legacy Series, especially the role that mizfan plays in co-hosting it as a guy who never saw any WCW when it actually existed, proves that one can immerse oneself in a product after the fact and experience it as though it were new. So essentially you'd have to commit to just not watching for awhile in general and then either rocking a binge to catch up or just staying perpetually behind the curve for a good bit. Or, you know, just jumping back in and not giving a fuck what happened in between. Though I get the feeling that you, much like myself, would be unable to do that because it'd drive you batty while not watching. I've tried to step away before. It's like a goddamn drug. I can't not want to know what's happening. I think it comes from a youth spent completely unable to watch, being two months behind at all times because my only resource was WWF Magazine. It's kinda similar to how I feel a subconscious desire to completely clean my plate due to the fact that many years in my youth were spent with us being only able to afford to eat once a day, meaning that you straight up didn't leave anything behind. Necessity creates desire which creates need.

This would be a fascinating Power Trip, if only to us.

I think I'm gonna drink a little whiskey now. I need to get sleepy and it's just not happening for some reason.

That Heat comment is why everybody should watch NXT Redemption. WWE stopped caring about it and they ran wild with it for 4/5 months. Sacked of the whole redemption points thing and just turned in a solid hour every week. Plus, y'know, Regal was there.

I am becoming more and more convinced that you're really Christopher F. Bearington. In disguise. A ninja. A fucking bear ninja.

Those are notoriously the most dangerous of ninjas. Except that lame ass panda one.

Do they even have bears in England?

You know, I honestly have no idea. We occasionally get panicky news articles about a big cat sighting on the moors, but I've not heard anythI got about bears.

I've only just noticed how badly I proofed my CFC final column. Serves me right for swapping between Google Docs and MS Word then posting it in a hurry. Looks like they use different auto-capitalisations for 'dad' and 'granddad'.

No Bears in England, they sent them to Australia...

I've gotten my WoS hooks into Oli, there's no turning back.

Oh yeah also... I have a little cub on the way, so that's interesting

Congrats, Bear. You had sex!

I always find it weird congratulating people on expecting a child for that reason and others. "Well done for fucking someone". Or "well done, your balls work." Or "well done, you've just shat away 19 years of your life".

Congratulations anyway. I hope your cub brings you much happiness.

I think this competition has taught me that I don't really like columns. In the same way comedians are often manically depressed and hate comedy, I find myself hating reading columns. I don't know if I've desensitised myself having read them for so many years but I've really struggled. Nothing is bowling me over in the way it is other people. Maybe it's just my state of mind.

*slits wrists* RIP Chester. I loved you.

Steve- I miss you.

Genny- I like it now you're back. Be around more and stuff. You're amazing.

Skitz- I love you. Be around less and stuff. Your amazing.

Bear and Oliver- will you invite me to the wedding? Oliver- are you the mum?

Fench- stick around. This place needs a you, like a baby needs milk.

Mizfan- Jeff Jarrett > The Miz> Ric Flair> Bret Hart . Discuss.

Anyone else- x