Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Football Discussion Thread

USC better keep this man as their head coach.

Reality Champ
    It'll be interesting. Orgeron was known as a good recruiter right?

Yes. And he obviously is a great motivator as well. That team was on its way to a 7-8 loss season. Now, they are in the hunt for a conference title.

The man, what he has done with little, is amazing. This USC team, though talented, doesn't have the depth they normally do. I am no USC apologist, but, after the ASU game... the season was over.

jediknight
    Quote Originally Posted by Macho Mourn View Post
    USC better keep this man as their head coach.
    If they're smart, that's what they do.

In other news from that game, it was a banner night for the Pac 12 officials. Horrible calls all night against both teams. I mean how does a guy pretty much take a pounce to go out of bounds, come back in, and be the first one to touch the ball get called for illegal touching? Illegal touching is if the guy wasn't forced out. I think the Pac 12 employs the NFL's rejected replacement officials.

A Professional Sort Of
    ^^So they got a touchdown for every on court violation?

StormDragonZ
    Did Alabama actually play tonight, or was that an excuse to keep their fans from leaving the game at halftime?

Yes. And he obviously is a great motivator as well. That team was on its way to a 7-8 loss season. Now, they are in the hunt for a conference title.

The man, what he has done with little, is amazing. This USC team, though talented, doesn't have the depth they normally do. I am no USC apologist, but, after the ASU game... the season was over.
    I can tell you from experience that Orgeron is far from a good coach. I don't know what the hell is happening at USC, but I refuse to believe it's all because of him.

As for him being a good recruiter, you wanna know who his head recruiter was at Ole Miss? Hugh Freeze. Do the math.

Dude, while I know he sucked ass there, I do know though he has USC in contention the same year they lost to Washington State.

jediknight
    Quote Originally Posted by Millenium Winnebago View Post
    ^^So they got a touchdown for every on court violation?
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a Pac official make a basketball call in a football game. They are the worst officials in college football. Anyone who watches a game with them as the refs would agree.

Dude, while I know he sucked ass there, I do know though he has USC in contention the same year they lost to Washington State.
    Is he the only member of the coaching staff? And perhaps it's less "Orgeron is awesome!" and more "Good God, Kiffin sucks." He didn't just suck ass here. He took a program that was actually in decent shape, then turned it into a program that couldn't win a single Conference game.

Oregon needs to start caring about the Rose Bowl because a loss here would end in them being at a lesser bowl.

Just Oregon being Oregon. It's in their DNA to choke late in the year. They might as well be playing Beamer Ball.

Speaking of choking, Florida...

Yeah, Georgia Southern... ouch.

Unreal. I still can't believe UNC invoked the mercy rule.

Reality Champ
    The ACC is doing something where they are trying to rank the top 10 ACC QBs ever. They included Marino, Flutie, Testaverde, Vick and McNabb.....

The Hurra Duff
    Baylor in trouble at Ok. State.

Mizzou is about to be in trouble in Oxford.

Goldberg Rules!
    I thoroughly despise Wisconsin.

jediknight
    Congratulations go out to Bob Stoops, with the win today, he's won more games at Oklahoma than any other coach in school history.

Now please stick around, and don't go to Florida when they fire Muschamp.

gypsumstack
    Bob Stoops has had multiple chances to go multiple other places both college and pro and he is still at Oklahoma. Hell, Florida has chanced coaches a few different times while Stoops was at Oklahoma. Why the hell would he leave now?

jediknight
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsumstack View Post
    Bob Stoops has had multiple chances to go multiple other places both college and pro and he is still at Oklahoma. Hell, Florida has chanced coaches a few different times while Stoops was at Oklahoma. Why the hell would he leave now?
    There's always the fear of Stoops returning to Florida. That's the one school I could see him leaving Oklahoma for, because of his friendship with Jeremy Foley.

Hell, for Bama fans there's the possibility of Nick Saban leaving to go to Texas. So nobody's safe.

The Hurra Duff
    According to a school official, Will Muschamp will return to Florida in 2014.

The Hurra Duff
    HUGE day of college football today with BCS and National Title implications: The Iron Bowl, Clemson-South Car. OSU-Michigan, Texas A&M-Mizzou.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Alabama.

You wanted that second on the clock and you got it!

rahman82
    suck it Saban!

Goldberg Rules!
    Should have Tomlined the bit. Ah well, shame, no SEC in the title game unless Auburn leaps OSU.

The Hurra Duff
    If I'm McCarron I'm punching Saban in the damn mouth.

Okay FSU, OSU... HOLD SERVE! Down with the SEC.

The Hurra Duff
    Does Auburn jump OSU in the BCS though?

rahman82
    FSU should handle their title game but I think the Spartans are gonna takeout the Buckeyes so if Auburn wins, then its FSU/Auburn.

No.

They have a loss. If they do, it will be for one week.

In the end, if you are OSU and FSU, you win out. You are in.

If not, the shit storm would be huge.

The Hurra Duff
    Sparty is gonna kick OSU's ass next week.

jediknight
    A team that 2 years ago was a middle of the road Big 12 team, is going to be playing for the SEC Championship.

That Auburn radio call was amazing.
    Last edited by jediknight; 12-01-2013 at 12:06 AM.

The Hurra Duff
    Really want total chaos next week.

Would love to see Duke beat FSU, MSU beat FSU.

Who gets in the title game then (knowing the Auburn-Mizzou winner is in already)?

A*****a

that is who gets in... fuck me if that happens...

rahman82
    sadly yes, if FSU, Ohio St and Auburn fall next week Bama gets back in. Actually im thinkng Bama is only gonna fall to 4 in the rankings, so its possible that if only FSU and Ohio St lose that the title game could be Auburn vs Alabama.

EDIT: I didnt realize Mizzou was ranked that high, i was thinking they were like 7 or 8 in the BCS, anyways its possible we could still see an all SEC final like LSU/Bama was a few years ago. Who knows Saban may do what Urban Meyer did and politic his team into the title game
    Last edited by rahman82; 12-01-2013 at 01:59 AM.

jediknight
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hurra Duff View Post

Who gets in the title game then (knowing the Auburn-Mizzou winner is in already)?
    Sparty or Oklahoma State.

Go Michigan State.

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    Go Bruins! I love when they beat USC. Especially at that dump the LA Coliseum. If he keeps beating the Trojans Jim Mora will have job security.

reedard
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hurra Duff View Post

No you don't. Don't be stupid. What you and everyone else wants is two undefeated teams going at it for the Championship. Personally, I hate FSU and I loathe Ohio St., but those two teams would make a great championship game. Well, maybe not "great" but good ratings "great."