Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Football Discussion Thread

Defense still can't tackle, and now we don't have enough weapons on offense to overcome it. This will be a long 2nd half of the season.

Glad to see that Georgia's injuries don't matter and they are handling Muzzu...

AI seriousness, great first half by Texas.

The Hurra Duff
    Mac Brown probably saved his job today.

Goldberg Rules!
    Poor Jediknight.

jediknight
    Way to fucking go Sooners, way to go.

Sooner boomed.

gypsumstack
    Definitely going to keep my eyes on Mizzou the next couple weeks. Maty Mauk destroyed my high school for 4 years on his way to setting the national record for passing yards with almost 19,000 yards in his 4 years at Kenton. If he can step up, he'd be the first recruit from the Western Buckeye League to do anything of repute at a big college since I was a kid.

Reality Champ
    I feel bad for Mizzou fans. They would've had a legit shot to win the East if Franklin played the whole season.

I miss the defense's that the SEC used to have dominating it.. The SEC may as well be the PAC-12 with the lack of defense that's being played..

Quote Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
    I miss the defense's that the SEC used to have dominating it.. The SEC may as well be the PAC-12 with the lack of defense that's being played..

Oh yes, I definitely miss defense. It seems Florida, Virginia Tech, and Michigan State are the only teams that play it anymore. I'll still watch it, but football has become way too offense friendly for me.

Reality Champ
    I think a valid question can be asked if the SEC defenses were ever as elite as people made it out to be, or if it was inflated a bit because of how terrible the QBs have been in the SEC lately. I'm not saying the SEC defenses weren't/aren't good, just that the narrative was always "How can a QB possibly succeed in the SEC, the defenses are AMAZING"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAman View Post
    I think a valid question can be asked if the SEC defenses were ever as elite as people made it out to be, or if it was inflated a bit because of how terrible the QBs have been in the SEC lately. I'm not saying the SEC defenses weren't/aren't good, just that the narrative was always "How can a QB possibly succeed in the SEC, the defenses are AMAZING"
    That's actually a decent point.. The Lords of Football Podcast crew should reunite for discussion on subject matter! Lol

jediknight
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAman View Post
    I feel bad for Mizzou fans. They would've had a legit shot to win the East if Franklin played the whole season.
    The funny thing about that is 2 years ago Mizzou was in the Big 12. Hmmm, Mizzou and Texas A&M were middle of the road Big 12 teams, who SEC fans said couldn't compete in the SEC. Now they're doing good, and that's an example of how great the SEC is.

Mizzou and A&M's success should show that the gap between the conferences isn't big. But of course, that will get lost in all of it.

Omega
    Quote Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
    That's actually a decent point.. The Lords of Football Podcast crew should reunite for discussion on subject matter! Lol
    I think that segment of our lives is over for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
    The funny thing about that is 2 years ago Mizzou was in the Big 12. Hmmm, Mizzou and Texas A&M were middle of the road Big 12 teams, who SEC fans said couldn't compete in the SEC. Now they're doing good, and that's an example of how great the SEC is.

Mizzou and A&M's success should show that the gap between the conferences isn't big. But of course, that will get lost in all of it.
    Mizzou and A&M were middle of the road Big 12 teams, and Mizzou still is a middle of the road SEC team. Keep in mind, they play in the EAST of the SEC, which is the weaker of the two sides, and while they did defeat an injury deflated Georgia team, and beat a solid but troubled Vanderbilt team...they still have two big games against Florida and South Carolina left. Also, it was just last year Mizzou struggled to compete, once they added more depth and recruited SEC talent, you could see an improvement...still a year or two away though.

A&M is totally different, you had a football program who by all counts should have competed in the Big 12 with Ryan Tannehill as the QB, they in turn fired Mike Sherman (who ran a West Coast System) and in turn hired Kevin Sumlin (whose Air Raid System favors the West Coast System). A&M was the upper midcard of the Big 12 if you will, while Mizzou was the middle of the road team.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Also, it was just last year Mizzou struggled to compete, once they added more depth and recruited SEC talent, you could see an improvement...still a year or two away though.
    In fairness to Missouri, last year their struggles were due to being as injury depleted as Georgia is this year, not due to a lack of talent. Missouri would've done a lot better than 5-7 if they don't lose the players they did.

The Hurra Duff
    Well someone has to be Alabama's whore in the SEC title game. Why not Mizzou?

Reality Champ
    Only at Maryland could both of a team's top two receivers go down with broken legs in the same game.

So, #7 A&M, 11 South Carolina, and 15 Georgia lose.

StormDragonZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Macho Mourn View Post
    So, #7 A&M, 11 South Carolina, and 15 Georgia lose.
    Not counting chickens before hatching, but #3 could join shortly.

Can someone tell me why Alabama wins all the time? I'm getting annoyed just pondering what they have that everyone else doesn't...

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by StormDragonZ View Post
    Not counting chickens before hatching, but #3 could join shortly.

Can someone tell me why Alabama wins all the time? I'm getting annoyed just pondering what they have that everyone else doesn't...
    Nick Saban

If Oregon/Alabama/FSU all go undefeated, I think Alabama might be the third best team out of those...but there's no way they'd be left out.
    Last edited by TheAman; 10-20-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Omega
    Oregon hasn't played anybody yet, so I'll be highly disappointed if FSU isn't in the Top 2 when the first BCS standings come out tomorrow.

Also, I'm going to leave this right here.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDragonZ View Post

This year, the easiest schedule in a much weaker SEC. They also have avoided the injuries that have decimated teams like Georgia and Florida.

Hotty damn toddy.

Now watch us do something stupid like lose to Miss State.

doublehelix
    The Cal defense is poor.

Reality Champ
    Only took two years!

@GoodmanESPN
    Miami infractions will FINALLY come down tomorrow at 11 am. NCAA set to release punishment.

Goldberg Rules!
    Just as they got somewhat good again too, HA!

Goldberg Rules!
    Miami to lose 3 scholarships for each of the next three years.

...that's it?

They'll lose to FSU twice this season, each by 30+ points. That's just as bad.

jediknight
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Miami to lose 3 scholarships for each of the next three years.

...that's it?
    The self imposed sanctions lessened the NCAA's punishment. Also the NCAA screwing up the investigation massively.

But, USC has to be raging. The sanctions against them were bullshit, everyone knows it, but the NCAA won't admit it. The guy who ripped into USC during the investigation and was head of the Infraction Committee was Paul Dee, who was Athletic Director at Miami during the Shapiro stuff. Dee's no longer with us, but USC has to be pissed that the NCAA didn't do much to Dee's old school.

The Hurra Duff
    Who's everyone got tonight between Baylor/OU and Stanford/Oregon?

The Cool No. 9
    I'm definitely pulling for Stanford, I had no idea Oregon was going to come out 0-14 like they did. I thought they were going to be the ones going up 14-0.

jediknight
    Well fuck a duck.

Getting pushed around by Texas, and getting blown out by Baylor. Not awesome.

gypsumstack
    Now all I need is LSU to bitch smack Alabama tomorrow and I can get closer to my Ohio State/Florida State national title game I've been wanting.

Yeah... That ain't happening.

Goldberg Rules!
    Gophers Rose Bowl Bound.

Suck me off, Big Ten.

The Cool No. 9
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsumstack View Post
    Now all I need is LSU to bitch smack Alabama tomorrow
    Believe me I need that too. I think it's going to be Bama 24-21 though. UNLESS we run the ball well and have our best defensive game of the year. A lot of Tigers are pissed off for last year and really want revenge, so I think we'll come out physical and fast enough.

They still have to beat Florida, but I think Florida State will and they are in the NCG I believe.
    Last edited by The Cool No. 9; 11-08-2013 at 02:43 PM.

I was at a place last night during the Oregon game and a fight almost broke out at half-time. As a fan of Oregon's rival, I cracked up.

jediknight
    How the fuck did Notre Dame beat Michigan State? I think Michigan State just beats up Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship Game.

I'd say that Stanford should be number 3 in the nation. I know they've lost a game, and there are undefeated teams, but Stanford has played a tougher schedule than Ohio State and Baylor, they have better wins, and they're doing it in a better conference.

All you had to do was knock the blasted ball down.

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by topdawg View Post
    All you had to do was knock the blasted ball down.
    But a pick gives more style points....lol