Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Thread (Potential Spoilers)

The Hurra Duff

The Walking Dead Thread (Potential Spoilers)

Season four premieres next Sunday at 9 pm (EST).

Are you excited, not interested, in-different?

Excited. Fuck dem haters.

The Hurra Duff
    Less than twelve hours til the premiere.

Can't wait for some more Hershel-isms. "You risk your life every day. The only thing you can control is what you risk it for".

Tell 'em, old man.

Giving Herschel a grizzled beard was the best decision this show made.

Even better than killing Andrea?

Blunt Force Balls
    Fairly excited.

Season 1 was great
    Season 2 was meh
    Season 3 1st half was great, seconded half was OK

The Hurra Duff
    I hated the second half of last season.

THE MONKEY
    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Force Balls View Post
    Fairly excited.

Season 1 was great
    Season 2 was meh
    Season 3 1st half was great, seconded half was OK
    I liked the second season a lot but the rest pretty much mirrors my thoughts. Didn't care for the season three finale at all though.

Watching the season 3 finale right now, and I agree it sucked. The twist at the end of the first half of season 2 is one of the best I've ever seen on tv, though.

Well that season premier was as boring as f.....rozen french fries

reedard
    Booooooooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnnggggg.

Yeah it was boring. Thing is, with 16 episodes to a season, by the end of it I'll be glad that we got one episode to see what "normal" life is like now.

The Hurra Duff
    I did like the falling zombies but that premiere was pretty dull.

Blunt Force Balls
    Was anyone else happy to see Beth's new boyfriend die?

I didn't care one way or another. And apparently neither did Beth.

Banned
    Season 4/Ep. 1

What an odd start! Looking back at all the previous seasons openers, this one was mostly forgetable. It wasn't that it was bad or anything, its just a bunch of random stuff was going on. First you had the team, Rick in the woods, and the kids learning to stab people. I guess to review this you have to look at each individual part.

RICK: Rick's storyline wasn't very interesting. (Spoilers) He runs into a woman in the woods, follows her back, and then she dies. This was so boring. I like the slow build, but you knew it wasn't going to end well...especially for the nameless woman. I liked that it made Rick realize how close he was to losing his mind and what not, but it didn't really add anything to the story.

The TEAM: Three returning people go out with a pair of Star Trek guys in red shirts. You know one of these newly introduced characters is going to die, maybe even both of them will die, who knows, right? This was a fun scene. LIked the interaction of the characters, and the fight with the zombies cool. I know the whole show can't be zombies, but this is the kick start to a new season so you'd think they'd start it a little stronger than what they did. But this stuff was cool.

KIDS: Kids naming zombies? WTF! I hated all the kids in this show, especially the dorky one who died at the end. I liked his transformation and how he possibly contaminated all of the water tanks and the huge impact this is going to have this season, but other than that...boring. And another thing, he's clearly sick. Why wasn't Hershel checking up on this guy. He's just walking around, sick, coughing, and what not and nobody checks on him? Lame!

This show was all over the place, which is probably why I didn't like it. You had this really long, drawn out shot at the beginning as people kill zombies at the gate...I mean this goes on a good 5 minutes or something (or at least felt that way) when nothing else is going on. Sure the zombies looked great, but some of the kills CG looked awful.

I know this is just the season opener, but man what a dud. Out of all the ways to start a new season of one of my favorite shows, this is how you do it? Oh well, fingers crossed that the rest of the season learns from this one's faults and gets things under control.

I think on a scale of 5 I would give this one a 3. Right smack dab in the middle, where sadly, most of the Walking Dead shows tend to fall.
    Last edited by the icon returns; 10-14-2013 at 02:33 AM.

h8makingnames
    Maybe it's because I'm such a huge fan of the comic, but I don't like the show. I loved the first season, but my interest in the show started rapidly declining during season 2. I didn't even watch the second half of season 3 except for the finale. Only thing I like about the show is Daryl Dixon, but sadly not even he can get me to watch the new season.

The Hurra Duff
    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Force Balls View Post
    Was anyone else happy to see Beth's new boyfriend die?
    Probably made Carl happy. I think he has a thing for Beth.

As a season opener I hated the episode. As an episode I actually liked it.

I liked Rick's section of the episode. Yeah it was a little tedious but it mirrored how close he came to completely losing it and how he did come back from the brink.

I agree with a lot that icon said about the drawn out fence kills and the shoddy cg.

I'm sad to see Beth's boyfriend die. I like the actor who played him and was looking forward to more back and forth between him and Daryl.

Carl continues to be another worthless child on a tv show.

And now we have a, what I'm assuming, is a PTSD army medic in the group.

So now they have to deal with a super flu. Awesome. BACK TO THE FARM!

Banned
    They're going to call it Captain Trips and half the group will join the govener in LV and the others will hole in Colorado with a woman claiming to be T-bone's mother named Abigal.

People should be much happier with "Infected". Not only did it pick up the pace, but it was actually a damn good episode. Way too obvious either Tyrese or his girl (don't remember her name) were gonna eat it, but it still had impact when it happened.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

reedard
    Frankly, the show is starting to bore me. Even after last weeks.

The show's been a bore since season 2, but I keep watching. Don't know why, but I do.

I didn't like this weeks episode one bit.

The fact that the fence is falling really bothers me. They can have randoms outside killing zombies all day but they don't. Why? Laziness. Makes no sense other wise.

You would think "Fence Duty" would be a daily, full-day chore on the list of things to do. What else were all those people doing that they couldn't keep doing it. Even Carol said it was becoming a problem, but she did nothing about it.

You'd figure they would've found more ways to brace the fencing and make it more zombie proof. That main gate contraption is cool and they had like six braces put up on a small section of fence. But that fence is huge and they've had six months to get that thing battle ready.

Blunt Force Balls
    Carol is turning heel!

Banned
    I hated the season opener, but the last two shows have been amazing. I loved that shot of when they were driving and you saw that massive horde of zombies on the road. The build up on this show was great...good dialogue, good character development, some nice action--this was great. I know not much happened, but I was glued to the screen.

Maybe not a lot happened that requires immediate gratification, but I think we could look back a year from now and think this was the episode where things started changing. The radio broadcast; the primal instinctual behavior people like Carol, Rick, and Tyrese resorted to; etc. Never read the comics, so I hope this is the beginning of another setting.

The Hurra Duff
    I freaked me out when Carol admitted she killed Dave and Karen because she said it so matter of factly.

Good episode last night.

That one scene with Tyrese getting swarmed by the zombies but still making it out was kind of inspired by a scene from the comic book. It was a great scene in the comics.

Wasn't the fight between Tyrese and Rick as well?

reedard
    Maybe I never notice this before, but I think the acting of the show has gotten worse and worse. It seems like each and every actor is overacting? Is it just me?

So what's the next major setting in the comics?

reedard
    Rick's vagina.

You're correct reedard, the acting has constantly gotten worse.

They're gonna go back to the farm and the second half of the season everyone will be sitting around watching Nic Cage movies that Scott Gimple was a part of.

Why can't they just watch Nic Cage movies in Rick's vagina?

They have to abandon Ric's vagina after it gets infested with zombie crabs. There's no comb and shampoo for that.

reedard
    I actually liked Sunday's episode. First one that I enjoyed this season.

I didn't like the end. Carol has been the only person with any type of Character Development [ until that episode. Tyrese, Michonne and The Drunk seemed to have a lot this episode. ] and to just up and get rid of her made no fucking sense. Ricks kid can kill an child who is surrendering but Carol cant kill two people [ who are probably gonna die anyway ] for the betterment of the group cause its gonna make Tyrese mad? Fuck that noise.
    Last edited by KiLL CoLD; 11-06-2013 at 12:09 AM.