Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Thread (Potential Spoilers)

The Hurra Duff
    Bummed that next week is the midseason finale when the last two weeks have been so good.

reedard
    How long did he wander around? Didn't they say months? And he's still that close to the prison?

That's a problem I've had with the show all along, the sense of distance and time traveled.

The biggest one is the prison itself. It's close enough to Rick's home town that it didn't seem like it took that long to get back there when Rick, Carl and Michonne went so how come Rick didn't know about the prison? Being a sheriff and the fact that it seems so close wouldn't he have known about it and it's location.

I still laugh at the end of Season 2 when they show the group leaving the farm and then just over some trees is the prison, yet they didn't find it for like 16 months.

reedard
    It's mental.

I'll admit...the tank is cool. Is that in comics (graphic novels, yes, I know nerds)?

I started reading more of the comics lately but I'm still only on like 30 or so. Tyrese is my favorite character in that so far.

reedard
    Ok, so the tank is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    I still laugh at the end of Season 2 when they show the group leaving the farm and then just over some trees is the prison, yet they didn't find it for like 16 months.
    Yeah, but in the comics that is what happened, but it took the group a matter of days to find the prison.

Which is very different from what happened in the show...

Well that was certainly interesting.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

The Hurra Duff
    Most intense hour of TV I've seen in a long time.

I liked it because we actually progressed but too bad that didn't happen at the end of last season.

Herschel was great but he was the most expendable. I was surprised he lasted this long.

Past three episodes of The Walking Dead have been phenomenal IMO. Bout time the Governor is finished. Hopefully the last few episodes are them meeting back up at The Farm and then heading back into the world. This staying still shit has been going on long enough.

Banned
    Holy shit!

That was a great ep. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and when they found Judith's car seat, I felt heartbroken. The action, the tension, the acting, everything was great for this mid season finale. I don't even know how the hell they are going to continue this--everyone scattered to the wind at the end of that ep. Carol/Rick together, he's badly wounded; Tyrees (sp?) and the kids; the bus with Glen; Maggie, Beth and others? I think the baby is with Beth, I think she grabbed it Little Ass Kicker on the run. I also have a feeling that Carol is going to return within the next couple of shows, wait and see.

But man that was a great ep. I felt really bad when the little girl got bit by the zombie. So many things happened and I can't wait for Feb!!!

Robert Kirkman said that the more beloved a character is, the bigger their death scene needs to be.

It's gonna get messy when Darryl dies.

The Hurra Duff
    My biggest problem was that Hershel died like a total bitch.

He deserved better than that IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by the icon returns View Post
    Holy shit!

That was a great ep. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and when they found Judith's car seat, I felt heartbroken. The action, the tension, the acting, everything was great for this mid season finale. I don't even know how the hell they are going to continue this--everyone scattered to the wind at the end of that ep. Carol/Rick together, he's badly wounded; Tyrees (sp?) and the kids; the bus with Glen; Maggie, Beth and others? I think the baby is with Beth, I think she grabbed it Little Ass Kicker on the run. I also have a feeling that Carol is going to return within the next couple of shows, wait and see.

But man that was a great ep. I felt really bad when the little girl got bit by the zombie. So many things happened and I can't wait for Feb!!!

Judith, Little Asskicker is dead. And she should be. At least in this battle, they paralleled the comic in a lot of respects. The death of the baby, the tank, and the final image of Rick and Carl with the prison in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark View Post
    Robert Kirkman said that the more beloved a character is, the bigger their death scene needs to be.

It's gonna get messy when Darryl dies.
    I will assure you that Darryl will not die. He is a huge reason that many women are watching. They will not kill off the "heartthrob" of the show. That will be the "jump the shark moment" when the ratings begin to fall.

Dude dpowder, you really gotta get off this "by the comic book" high horse you're on man. The Walking Dead, the television show, and The Walking Dead, the comic book, are two completely different things. I'm getting sick of reading your posts about how the show should be more like the books and how pissed off you are about it not being that way. You gotta get over it man. If the show was the same as the books then people like us who've read the books would know exactly what's going to happen and in this person's opinion that would be dumb.

Now onto the season break.

Like CoLD, I think the last three episodes have been some of the best of the whole show. Sure they retreaded the Gov storyline a bit, but I think actually fleshing him out for a bit made for some interesting viewing. By having him come back we got to see Rick's revival and that you can come back from the dark shit if you're willing to. I think that's what the whole point of this half of the season was about, getting to that breaking point but then bringing yourself off the ledge.

There were some things that truly perplexed me though.

Why would Alvarez (the tank dude) just start blowing holes in the prison? That just doesn't make sense to me.

And why did they all keep going with the Gov's orders? That one chick couldn't have been the only one that went "Holy shit this dude just chopped off an old guy's head with a sword! He's fucking crazy and I'm outta here!" But whatever, it's a story right.

Daryl is one bad mother fucker.

Sasha seemed to get healthy really quick once the action started. She needed young, black, drunk doctor to help her outside and then she suddenly become Grace Jones.

Michonne just upped and fucked off. Where'd she go? Did she grab Lil' Ass Kicker?

I don't think Beth grabbed Lilith. At least it didn't seem likely.

Those little girls' story arc finally paid off.

And I agree with CoLD again, hopefully everyone meets up in the first episode and then it's off to new adventures right away. This sticking around in one spot bullshit needs to end. The characters and actors aren't compelling enough (though I thought Andrew Lincoln pulled a hell of a performance out of his ass during his talk with the Gov) to just focus on them. They need to bring in a constant flow of new characters and places to keep things fresh.

Despite what I said earlier to dpowder, it was cool seeing the imagery of the battle and the aftermath shadowed from the comics.

I think Judith is alive.

Also, Glenn is the biggest bitch there is. I get he's recovering but sack up, the damn prison is under siege. He ran to the bus with the women and children as his lady stayed behind to fight. Just cut off your balls, Glenn, you don't deserve them.

THE MONKEY
    Yeah Kirkman literally laughed at Hardwick for even suggesting that Judith was still alive. I just think that was their way of handling a baby getting killed without having anything graphic shown.

I see the next few episodes in Feb. showing how each individual group is getting along, I can't see them meeting back together right away. I just hope things don't move too rapidly, there needs to be at least a season before they introduce Negan to the show. When that does happen they most certainly need to have the "big event" from issue 100 play out for the sheer "holy shit" factor for people who didn't read the books.

The show definitely does right by having it's own stories and universe but at the same time there are certain events from the books that are so iconic, its okay to have the parallel.

I'd be fine with seeing how each of the scattered groups deals with fleeing and getting back together, I just don't want them all to meet up at farm and then sit there for five episodes while they talk about their feelings and how to move forward.

I don't think there's any reason to introduce Negan or any other villain at this point. Play out their scatteredness, the loss and possibly the "Rat King" (that's what I'm calling him) arc and then maybe do a glimpse of Negan or some other big bad in the finale.

What's this "holy shit" moment with this chick Negan? Someone PM me. Don't worry about potential spoilers.

reedard
    Entertaining and at least I'm at least looking forward a bit to the next run.

But again, as it was brought up, too many questions. You want to live in the prison? Blow it up! All of the Governor's people were essentially untrained pussies who didn't want to fight. Fuck it, let's kill other humans!

I'm with Cold. Tired of them sitting in one place. Hopefully this changes next run as well. Run and gun people. It isn't hard.

All these people on the show should be dead due to sheer idiocy. How can zombies be smarted than humans?

LOL people around the interwebs are now calling the walkers "paul walkers". It's better than reading that he drove too fast too furious for the 209343243234234th time and yes I know he didn't drive the car.

The mid season finale was miles better than any episode of this entire series. I'm actually looking forward to where they go with this and that's a good thing because for the most part I haven't really cared much about this show. It's not a horrible show....it's just not that great. I dunno, I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to how much I'm enjoying the walking dead. I'm just left feeling unsatisfied after each episode. Other shows I watch I'm usually craving for the next episode to air after the episode I just finished watching. This show...not so much. But that changed with the last episode and for me, that's a really good thing.

You're not alone. Like I've said before, this show pisses me off most of the time yet I can't stop watching it for some reason.

Rumor is that they will be heading to The Sanctuary next. Its way too early to introduce Negan IMO.

So they are going to bypass Alexandria? Or is they where they will end up next, to then deal with the Saviors?

I haven't even been watching the show at all. I sat through the season premier, was extremely disappointed, but gave it one more shot. Week 2 was so bad that it ended my enjoyment of the show.
    It became a night time soap opera with a few zombies making an appearance here & there.

Eventually I might think about catching up on the season, but maybe not.

Ijust caut up on all the comics. I want an Abraham appearance on the show.

I still haven't bothered to watch any of the shows to catch up, I've been spending my time trying to sneak in setups of new ipods for the boys so they are ready to go when they open them on xmas day; something that's been tough to do since I work 10 hour days and don't get home until 8:30 at night.

Of course that also required me making them each a wallpaper for their own ipod since I didn't care for what was out there (and if you wanted a theme pack, which I don't, you have to pay for it). So I made them out of freebies available on the web and did a bunch of cropping, sizing etc to get the end results (these are re-sized smaller just to post)
    For the 15 yr old

And the 14 yr old

Totally off topic, but it's more interesting than TWD lol

It's so nice The Walking Dead is brought to us by The Walking Dead. Keeps shit simple.

Two episodes in to thes second half and mostly all filler. The pacing is so damn slow to this show yet I continue to watch. The Glen inside the prison scene dragged on way too long. Nice seeing Abraham at the end though.

Blade23
    ^I'm okay with the filler so far, but I think that's due mainly to the fact that I haven't read the comic series (I've purposely stayed away from it, so that it doesn't ruin the show for me; however, I will go back and read the series). Last night's background story was much more interesting than the first episode. The storylines around Rick's kid just bores the shit out of me.

I'm interested to see where things go from here with the dude from Southland (I think that's Abraham).

Abraham Ford is about to kick this show up to 11. For those of you complaining that it's long and drawn out, you're about to meet the asskicker!

The Hurra Duff
    Looks like business is about to pick up as good ole' JR says.

Nobody commented on how much last week's episode sucked. It may have been the worst of the series. It really is the Walking Filler now.

Mayor Hale!!!

I'm so close to being done with Walking Dead. This second half has been terrible, from the pairings to the acting. It's just been a wreck.

But there's something that keeps me watching.

THE MONKEY
    I think the show certainly lost some momentum in the second half of the season but I've liked the episodes quite a bit. Fans bitched about character development and now they are trying to do that before bringing everyone back together and basically give all the main characters their own episode to further their individual story. My real only gripe was Judith being alive, I think that was a mistake, that and some of the terrible music they've stuck in the episodes (what the fuck was that shit that ended last week's episode.) I do wish the plot itself was moving forward though I think they are trying to slow the main story arc down to put some space between the Governor and Negan.