Thread: Floyd Mayweather vs Connor McGregor

Floyd Mayweather vs Connor McGregor

It's official!

Money is knocking McGregor out.

in the seventh round. Gotta give Conor a hope spot or two... maybe even make it close so they can do a rematch lol.

Can't see Money actually winning by KO/TKO as much as I'd like to see it happen.

Squared
    British newspapers reporting that McGregor was knocked out in sparring.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Wouldn't read too much into that, it's a very common occurrence in fight gyms, more so in MMA. Plenty of time to recover.

Squared
    Oh yeah, not putting a huge amount on it. Only mentioned it here because in sparring they've got a tendency to go like for like sometimes, and someone had said they weren't sure if Mayweather could knock him out. Just got me thinking that if the stand-in Floyd can, the real Floyd can.

Of course, just because he can, doesn't mean he will.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

True. Conor only has movement on his side, mma people can't get a sparring partner that moves like Conor, so Floyd won't. But if he get caught that easily, it does not bode well

Squared
    Didn't watch the Money/McGregor fight for a number of reasons. Hearing a lot of different things, probably inevitably when people have so much invested in it. So I guess, if you watched it, how did it really go? I've seen a lot of MMA people say it was close on the cards when it was stopped, but also seen something that's supposed to be a graphic of the judges cards that had Mayweather up with all three judges, and only one had Conor winning more than one round.

So yeah, how was it when you actually cut through all the hype and bullshit?