Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The what’s going on in your life thread

I work a 9am til 5pm, five days a week. Pretty decent shift.

Goldberg Rules!
    My former university job had roughly the same times. I hated that. Strangely, I like working a variety of different hours each week.

Well I've only been working six weeks so far, so the monotony hasn't had time to set in yet.

A Professional Sort Of
    I dislocated a rib by sneezing. Apparently it happens more often than not.

EJ84
    It really doesn't.

Me too Winnebago!! Must be something in the air down here.

The fappening.

rogue9
    ^ definitely a highlight

- I have a 6 monh old son named Keiran
    - I moved from North Carolina to Los Angeles
    - I am a regional sales manager with a major telecommunications company covering all of southern california.

I farted and scared my cats....

Well that and my work blackberry is fucked, good thing it's under warranty so I go from a Q10 to a Z10. Yay to employers paying for toys

A Professional Sort Of
    I don't have a Blackberry. The whole thought of 'your employer being able to contact you 24/7' just scares the hell out of me.

Just for a point of reference, I don't carry a mobile phone either. Is it dangerous? Yes, only because others say so.

Comes with the job title, but it stays silent until on-call rotation which pays $250 extra to be on call for the week during 11pm to 7am. A good week is $$ and no calls, but even when there are calls, then it's billable in 1 hour increments at regular pay rate, or bank the hours and take time off in lieu.

A Professional Sort Of
    I guess that's a good way of doing things. I could see someone banking up those hours and get a massive payout when you decide to move on to a different job.

Nah, they don't let us do that. We have to use them up before the end of the year or take the payout, so if you have vacation time left over plus lieu days you can get a pretty decent chunk of time off in the last few months of the year.

edibles were on my list of things to do today and it was awesome. While i was in a state of mind i'm rarely in, images started popping in my head; like ANYTHING.

I've got a support worker, shes helping me get into voluntary work at a charity shop. Handed in a application but heard nothing back. I'm hoping to work for an organisation that raises money for animals as animals are pretty kickass.

Still on shed loads of medication but it seems to be working better for some weird reason, ether that or I've just got used to all the illegal drugs I shove up my nose. Hardly smoked any marijuana in two years though, started to make me feel terrible every time I tried it. Also I hated the whole sharing your weed shit that all smokers do. Tobacco smoking just seems to increase day by day which is kinda shit but at least it's not weed anymore.

Still drinking a fair bit when I can (can of beer geddit lol) but not as much as I used to I think.
    @El_Duderino_999

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    So I just got a call from my Dad with some pretty upsetting news that my Nana had passed away this morning. All of this year was pretty terrible for her having to move from her nursing home into a board and care facility with hospice so we all sort of knew this was coming. However the fact that she went so quickly after my Dad got the call yesterday saying that she wasn’t doing so good took everyone by surprise. It’s sort of a blessing though because she had already been suffering a lot so the fact that she went quickly was comforting.

I don’t want to go into too much detail but I will say that the relationship I had with her was a pretty complex one. For the first ten years of my life I have so many great memories of weekends spent at her house, family holidays and vacations. I even watched the first 8 WrestleManias on her living room floor. However when my parents were dealing with their alcoholism and my Mom passed away she didn’t hesitate to turn her life upside down and step into that Mother role for my brothers and I. First by taking in my brothers and I but then moving in with us when my Dad got sober. Eventually as we both got older and she ended up being the one that needed taking care of my Dad and I were the ones that mostly took on that role. Until it got so bad that she was moved back to LA where a majority of my family lives to stay in a nursing home there. The easiest and simplest way to explain how I am feeling is that it feels like I just lost my Mom all over again. Speaking of my Mom this coming Wednesday would’ve been her 56th birthday, so as you can probably imagine I am already in a pretty shitty mood.

Anyways thanks for letting me vent a little and get that off my chest. Seeing how I am an Atheist I won’t ask anyone to pray for me, her or my family. However if you can keep us in your thoughts that would be awfully nice of you.

Sorry to hear about her passing.

I'm atheist as well and I have decided that I want to be different when I die, so instead of being cremated, I want to be sautéed.

Going after another promotion at work, so hopefully I'll hear something soon. If I do get it, it will be my 3rd promotion and my 5th pay raise in under 2 years, and bump me past the 50k mark.

My 10 year old daughter's soccer team just won their State Cup finals, and she scored the game winning goal!!!!

My grand-daughter is going to be a month old already, She's my first grand-baby and she's such a tiny little peanut.

Kids grow up so fast. I miss when they were all little

Learning can how to cook. Trying my first attempt at fried eggs tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by No Longer Prodogy View Post
    Learning can how to cook. Trying my first attempt at fried eggs tomorrow.
    If you are learning to cook, I recommend you pick up the joy of cooking. I have 3 but it is the best cookbook for beginners because it explains stuff.

I've been running around like a madman the last few days. Cooking and stuff for Thanksgiving, actually having Thanksgiving and all that it entails, hitting up Black Friday stuff on both Thursday night and during the actual day, helping my grandmother with her grocery shopping yesterday (as I do every Saturday) and then having to go buy and carry something out to her that she had forgotten to put on her list yesterday. And I've still got my own grocery shopping to knock out sometime this evening.

On top of that, one of my wisdom teeth is being a real douche lately after damn near 20 years of them never giving me an issue, whatsoever. Shit kept me up half the night.

It's not all bad, though. I've managed to take care of about half of the Christmas shopping I need to do already, which is cool, and I managed to pick up some pretty cool shit in my various shopping excursions. I even got old copies of both Tecmo Super Bowl on Sega Genesis (Master System to everyone else, I think) and the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for NES. Pretty good stuff.

What's up with everyone else? Anything cool or shitty or some mixture of the two?

Squared
    I've been working from home a lot lately. It's cool at first, but actually it becomes a bit of a shit after a while. You end up spending far too much time in the same place and going a bit stir crazy. I'm also not doing a lot else but working at the minute, so that compounds things.

@lopprimetime

Um, well it's been weird recently. Still kind of stable on medication and the Docs are reducing it slowly. Like I said in the guitar thread, I had a really bad day and broke my guitar but whatever, it's one day out of like 2 years of very little problems.

Unfortunately for me, I'm now what even I'd call a complete alcoholic. I find it difficult going a day without a drink, and if I can, I drink a lot in a day. I get mood swings because of it as well.

I'm still doing whatever the shit I get off the man is, Cocaine/amphetamine which doesn't help matters but, fuck, I LOVE the stuff and my life aint shit.

My friend took an overdose of blood pressure tablets, went to hospital and then went to the same mental health hospital I was in 8 years ago. That was completely fucked up. Went and visited him almost everyday but it was really odd going back there. My other friend, has been evicted from his house because he is bat shit crazy. My neighbor that smokes crack and fucks prostitutes is having arguments with his tenant non stop about money.

That's pretty much it.

Squared
    Well, it's snowing pretty hard here.

@lopprimetime

Neighbours are arguing again. Very loudly.
    @El_Duderino_999