Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The what’s going on in your life thread

Hybrid View

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar

The what’s going on in your life thread

I can’t say for sure that I remember LOP had a thread like this before, but I am fairly certain it did. However if it didn’t I think one is needed so that we can talk about major events in our life and seek out the advice of others. So I am going to start it because I am trying to sort out a major decision right now.

So the question I want to ask is does anyone here live in Utah? Or have you ever been there? The reason why I ask is that my best friend and roommate is planning on moving there and he wants me to go with him. Even though I've known for a while that he was moving the thought never occurred to me to go with him. However I am considering it now. After all I’ve been in a bit of a rut lately and think a shake up to my life would be good. Also at the moment I don’t really have anything keeping me here. No wife or girlfriend to speak of. I don’t have any kids or a job that it would be difficult to leave. The only thing keeping me here really is my family who I’d miss terribly if I left. Especially now that I’ve got a soon to be one year old nephew that I’d like to see grow up and be closer to. Also the fact that it’s comfortable and familiar. Not only have I lived in California my whole life I’ve lived in the same city my whole life. So while it’s true that I thought about moving out of state years ago Utah was never one of the places that I considered.

Still I’ve been told that we could stay with his sister for a while when we get there until we find our own place. Also that I’ve got a job waiting for me should I decide to move. So it wouldn’t be like I’d be going there with no prospects or anything on the horizon.
    Last edited by lunchbox1981; 04-23-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Goldberg Rules!
    I'm eating lunch right now.

MonkeyOnAcids
    never been to Utah or USA whatsoever, but I think I can still drop a comment about your situation.

it seems like you really want to move and look for a new life but the sentimental side of you wants to stay where you are. I can't decide for you but what you should really think about is your future; If you can have a good life where you live, it's a risk to move. On the other hand, if you think moving would make you happier and you think you could have a good future and eventually settle there, then go ahead.
    you're going with a friend, which is always a plus, since adaptation will be much easier, as you can support each other (or he can support you, if he's used to being in Utah).
    personally, what i'd do would be to move to Utah but always have a back up plan to return home if things dont go the way you thought.

As for my life, I took a 2-year pause off studying to work and save money to go to Uni, which I will be attending, hopefully, in September, so I'm just eager to see how my life goes until then. Got a girlfriend in March which I really am in love with, so I guess life is finally turning positive, after a not-so-positive past. Let's see.

Thanks for the advice. If I do decide to move it won’t be until the end of the summer so I’ve got some time to make up my mind and sort things out.

Also congratulations on going back to school. Have you decided what you will be majoring in?

MonkeyOnAcids
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox1981 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. If I do decide to move it won’t be until the end of the summer so I’ve got some time to make up my mind and sort things out.

Also congratulations on going back to school. Have you decided what you will be majoring in?
    That and save some money until then

Thanks man. I'm from and live in Portugal, so the education system is a bit different than from there. No majoring/minoring system. But I'm thinking getting a degree in International Relations. Sounds like my kind of thing. Not gonna be easy though.

I assume that a Portugese uni degree is similar to the UK uni system.

I'm going to study abroad next year, first semester in Lyon, France and the second semester in Krakow, Poland.

Summer is right around the corner and I was wondering what everyone had planned? Do you have any big vacations you are looking forward to or something like that? The only two events I have marked on my calendar for sure are my cousins wedding next month and my nephew’s first birthday party in July. Both are big family events that I am looking forward to. Other than that most of my time will hopefully be spent shunning the sunshine at the local movie theatre. Also more than likely planning my move to Utah since it seems like I am about 95% sure that I'll be going. My plans could still change, but as of right now things to seem to be on track for that to happen in either August or September.

cabmonk
    Seems like a good place to post this since its such a busy thread lol. Went to start new job today all nervous like I always am in those situations. Get there 10 minutes early and I guess all hell was breaking loose and machines not working. So I'm told to start Thursday instead which is just fine with me. Gave me a chance to try the luch buffet across the street which includes a steak for $10.99. Nice first day of work lol.

I've started therapy which my mum is paying for. I don't know if it will help me or not and don't want to waste her money.

Still on shed loads of medication.

Trying to quit drugs, hardly smoked any weed this year but still have a big problem with amphetamine.

Playing Warcraft again.
    @El_Duderino_999

Going to the taping of Doug Loves Movies at the Traverse City Film Festival in a few hours.

Gonna get baked on some hash and then go make a ruckus during the thing. Last year's episode you can clearly hear me yelling things a couple times on the podcast.

rahman82
    So here's the thing, theres this chick at work that has gotten under my skin and i can't seem to figure out why. She has a lot of the qualities i like in a woman but theres also this mysterious sort of thing about her that's intriguing yet kinda scary. Furthermore she happens to be married but not happily married and often voices her displeasure with how her hubby treats her, also theres rumors floating around that something may have happened between her and my former manager(also married). He up and transfers to another store out of the blue, he'd given no indication he was planning on leaving nothing at all just tells everybody on monday and wednesday ended up being his final day.

So whats the rush for? If another employee quits we have to give two weeks notice but he can bail after two days. One of the older guys on the job said when they move managers out of a store that quick its because they fucked up and it usually has nothing to do with business. The rest of the employees were basically like whatever in regards to him leaving but this chick got seriously upset, like tears and all that shit. So that got my wheels turning asking why are you so upset? why is it the end of the world? Also why do i give a shit? I shouldnt care but for some reason this has been bugging the hell out of me.

Is it sour grapes on my part that i didnt get to her first or am i just pissed that she chose a douche, a married douche at that when there were less complicated options available if she wanted to get out of her marriage. At first i thought about asking her but if im wrong then i dont want to piss her off or hurt her because we are cool with each other, i just dont know what to do.

The problem isnt that he cheated on his wife but he slept with a subordinate. I mean If he slept with her and go caught with his dick in the cookie jar, then transferring him and giving her a nice bonus might keep her from suing. It could be something at the other store which required his quick removal too.

Also, if her marriage is still in shambles then get yours. Usually, when a woman is on the prowl its not a one time thing. But its never just sex, Personally I wouldnt. Bitches with marriage problems dont know how to keep it on the lowdown. When you have Side Pussy its important that they have more to lose than you do. If not then you have to worry about the bitch calling your house and messaging your wife on FB.

rahman82
    that should be my mindset just get some and let it be, i shouldnt care what she did with whom but for some reason it bothers me . Ive always had this problem with wanting to fix things, everything about this girl says stay away but i want to help her.

Quote Originally Posted by rahman82 View Post
    that should be my mindset just get some and let it be, i shouldnt care what she did with whom but for some reason it bothers me . Ive always had this problem with wanting to fix things, everything about this girl says stay away but i want to help her.
    By help her, do you mean smell her hair and check out her tan lines? You gotta do a risk/reward analysis

Goldberg Rules!
    What if she ain't got tan lines? That's a win win.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    What if she ain't got tan lines? That's a win win.
    Im too pale for tan lines ...

rahman82
    no thats just creepy, she's got this vulnerable thing about her that im not sure how to really describe it. She's always smiling, very friendly but she's got these sad eyes, maybe im just a sucker for damaged chicks.

Goldberg Rules!
    You don't want that. Trust me, almost fell in that same trap years ago.

notslap
    show you baps

Shoulder surgery coming up...

In 2-5 months.

I think i hurt my toe kicking someone in the face at work last week.

Reality Champ
    You kicked someone in the face toe-first? First off, just how flexible are you? And secondly, there had to be a more effective way than a straight, toe-first kick. Unless he was laying down or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAman View Post
    You kicked someone in the face toe-first? First off, just how flexible are you? And secondly, there had to be a more effective way than a straight, toe-first kick. Unless he was laying down or something.
    He was on the ground, who standing kicks someone in the head?

Oh he was on the ground because i stood up on the foot raling on my side of the bar, punched him in his face with a handful of rings, he then called me a cunt and i Dukes of Hazzard hood slid over the bar and kicked him hard in a pair of doc martens calf boots, now my toe hurts. If our chubby door guy (im not calling him security til he actually secures something, right now he just checks ids) had waddled his ass over to remove the prick when i asked him to then it wouldnt be an issue but "cmon sarah hes a good guy" was all fun and games til he shoved one of my regulars because she wasnt giving him Respect.
    Last edited by Irishsara; 08-05-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post

Oh he was on the ground because i stood up on the foot raling on my side of the bar, punched him in his face with a handful of rings, he then called me a cunt and i Dukes of Hazzard hood slid over the bar and kicked him hard in a pair of doc martens calf boots, now my toe hurts. If our chubby door guy (im not calling him security til he actually secures something, right now he just checks ids) had waddled his ass over to remove the prick when i asked him to then it wouldnt be an issue but "cmon sarah hes a good guy" was all fun and games til he shoved one of my regulars because she wasnt giving him Respect.
    That makes far more sense. I think what was confusing me was the kick in the face while they're on the ground. Typically people go for the ribs in that case.
    Last edited by TheAman; 08-06-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post

So, you full-out assaulted someone because they shoved one of your regulars? Which is to say you wouldn't have gotten involved if it was two randoms. Wow, the bar you work at must be really hard pressed to keep employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    So, you full-out assaulted someone because they shoved one of your regulars? Which is to say you wouldn't have gotten involved if it was two randoms. Wow, the bar you work at must be really hard pressed to keep employees.
    He was drunk and shoved a woman out of her chair. She was threatened and assaulted. I justifiably used reasonable force in defense of others against someone who was inflicting force upon the third party, my patron. Textbook State v. Beeley, 653 A.2d 722 (R.I. 1995)

Kevin
    How else would you kick someone?

I'm getting married in 38 days.

Reality Champ

Side kick? Kicking someone toe first in the face when they're standing seems incredibly difficult.

Goldberg Rules!

I'll send you some Blackhawks swag.

Reality Champ
    I don't think kicking him in the face when he's down constitutes reasonable force, but I'm guessing that everyone in the bar would back you up, so the legality doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAman View Post
    I don't think kicking him in the face when he's down constitutes reasonable force, but I'm guessing that everyone in the bar would back you up, so the legality doesn't really matter.
    He was being verbally abusive, threatening (and his use of fighting words easily reach the standard of assault) and trying to get up. He had already been violent and i felt threatened.

I hate my life.
    @El_Duderino_999

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I hate my life.
    Isn't that a requirement of liking Slipknot?

cabmonk
    Quit the new job I started damn it sucked, starting at 3am was hard on my body but I needed something. So the old hotel I worked at wants me back lol ok I'll think about it.

Kevin
    midnight shift is the 7th circle of hell as far as I'm concerned. I did it for over a year. God damn does it suck.

A Professional Sort Of
    Going to see the doctor tomorrow about pain coming from my spine/muscles around said bone structure. In the meantime I am going to lie back in this bed and write up a kickass promo for LPW, followed by a DBZ Abridged Marathon, then play some GTA Online, then sleep only to wake up in the middle of the night with either pain or from a bad nightmare about my ex-girlfriend who continues to play the 'shun' card in my dreams.

cabmonk
    I've worked lots of 11pm to 7am shifts but the 3am to noon messed with me. The last almost 2 weeks I haven't slept properly at all and would still be up at 10pm when I had to be up at 2am.

Goldberg Rules!
    I work from 4 pm to 6 am on Wednesdays. I like that shift.

Kevin
    I used to do a 7pm - 7am. I hated it. I got used to it after a while (well as much as one can get used to that) but even then I hated it. It could have also had to do with the fact that it was continental and rotating shifts. 7am-7pm and vice versa.

Goldberg Rules!
    Crybaby. The Blackhawks don't want you as a fan.