Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

General Gaming Discussion

Use this thread for random thoughts and gaming news.

The first DLC for Last of Us will be released on the 15th of October and will consist of four multiplayer maps. Then there will be a second DLC that will involve be about the story and will have a brand new character, which will be out late this year or early next year. And then another multiplayer DLC will be released after that.

I'm only interested in the story-based DLC as I really have no inclination to play the multiplayer version of the game.

Which leads me to, has anyone played the multiplayer component of Last of Us?

Also I'm still waiting on a release date for the Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea DLC.

Just watch PS4 footage of Madden, and holy shit are sports games about to get sick looking.

A Professional Sort Of
    I've stopped buying anything related to the PS3.

I have Pokemon to worry about before I go to the PS4.

I refuse to get the new console right away.
    chances are that games will still be made for the current generation at a cheaper price.

A Professional Sort Of
    Same, though for different reasons.

Since I work away 8 days every 14, coming back home to a PS4 doesn't really give me a real good reason to play. I have Pokemon right now which will last me at least the next 6 months (love grinding) and I have several games on my PC I want to try and at least make headway in (Star Wars: The Old Republic, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, DOTA 2, Online Poker) plus other real life commitments. PS4 isn't really on the radar for at least the next 2 years for me at least.

I have GTA V and have had it for two months, I haven't even gotten 5% completion yet.

I find very weird that I have received my pre-ordered NBA2K14 for PS4 today.

Read something from IGN that stated the Xbox1 HD is about 500 gig, and the games which are required to install run about 38-50 gigs. This means alot more erasing and re-installation for games, I'm not sure how I feel about this, I assuming its about the same for the PS4 which I am getting Friday. The thing is I am getting around 5 games which means my HD could be half gone after I load everything up. Thoughts anyone???

Goldberg Rules!
    I think my PS3 works just fine.

doublehelix
    don't buy consoles at launch.

THE MONKEY
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe View Post
    Read something from IGN that stated the Xbox1 HD is about 500 gig, and the games which are required to install run about 38-50 gigs. This means alot more erasing and re-installation for games, I'm not sure how I feel about this, I assuming its about the same for the PS4 which I am getting Friday. The thing is I am getting around 5 games which means my HD could be half gone after I load everything up. Thoughts anyone???
    It's cache data to make the game run smooth, deleting it doesn't affect save data or other things like that at all. Yes you will need to clear your cache from time to time but you won't have to delete saves and DLC items.

Banned
    General question, but my WWE .2k14 played better before installed it on my xbox. If I uninstall it will I lose everything like unlocked wrestlers and all my CAWS?

Smiffy405
    No, I uninstall it the other day and all my unlocked wrestlers and CAWS were there.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    I think my PS3 works just fine.
    This.

This morning I bought Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, Lego: Marvel Superheroes, and Deadpool.

THE MONKEY
    I honestly can see that mentality, and had I not gotten super lucky I probably would be holding out myself. Couldn't pass up on the deal though, thanks to store credit and some great promotions I managed to get a PS4, a XBOX One, three games for each, and a extra PS4 controller for about $300 combined out of pocket.

Fuck that's the deal of the century.

THE MONKEY
    Yeah I turned in a TON of old 360 and PS3 games that I hadn't played in forever, and they were doing a deal that gave you like an extra 10-15 bucks for every 3 games you traded that was stackable with a deal that gave you extra trade credit if you traded towards Next Gen systems. Put that along with a gift card I got from work and I ended up with one hell of a damn steal.

Yeah. That's amazing. Enjoy, my friend.

I'm going PS4, but I'm holding out at least until The Order: 1886 comes out. Launch selection is almost never very good.

And holy shit Monkey, that's highway fucking robbery. Good on ya man. You gotta take those opportunities when they come to you.

doublehelix
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MONKEY View Post
    I honestly can see that mentality, and had I not gotten super lucky I probably would be holding out myself. Couldn't pass up on the deal though, thanks to store credit and some great promotions I managed to get a PS4, a XBOX One, three games for each, and a extra PS4 controller for about $300 combined out of pocket.
    amended: don't buy consoles at launch unless you're getting a really good deal.

The Hurra Duff
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombies, March! View Post
    I'm going PS4, but I'm holding out at least until The Order: 1886 comes out. Launch selection is almost never very good.
    I read the GI article about that game and it sounds bad ass.

And THE MONKEY is the ultimate opportunist. Kudos to you sir.

I started Into the Nexus last night. What a fucking blast! Insomniac comes up with new platforming elements in every game and this one is no different, right from the very beginning. I love Mario, but to me Ratchet & Clank tips the list of the all-time best platform series. I love this game so far, but quite sad that it's been announced as the final installment. I wonder what the studio will make next.

Goldberg Rules!
    This is NOT a blast on anyone planning on buying one, so I don't want people firing back at me.

I'm just curious though - what about the PS4 or XB One makes you want to buy one right away, other than it being the next generation of consoles? Because even if I had an easy way to get one tonight/tomorrow, I don't think I would. Would I take one if Dez Bryant paid for it? Yeah, but who wouldn't in that scenario?

AnamariaSanborn
    I agree with this, don't ever buy the consoles at launch. You gotta try them at first at the expos or malls. That would be a better idea.

For me it is matter of tradition, I have been in line for next gen since ps2, and a few games. Some of the best times with my buddies I can remember. So its just tradition

THE MONKEY
    I definitely wouldn't say there is one game that is a must buy yet but the system itself is pretty damn nice. Absolutely love the updated DS4 and how easy it is to stream and the high quality of said stream. Game wise, I've played Knack (loving it, not sure why reviewers hated on it) and very briefly played Call of Duty. Probably fire up some of the free PS+ games before checking out AC4 though.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    This is NOT a blast on anyone planning on buying one, so I don't want people firing back at me.

I'm just curious though - what about the PS4 or XB One makes you want to buy one right away, other than it being the next generation of consoles? Because even if I had an easy way to get one tonight/tomorrow, I don't think I would. Would I take one if Dez Bryant paid for it? Yeah, but who wouldn't in that scenario?

I'm not going to hate on anyone buying one, either, but I do hate Sony a little bit for putting the PS4 out. My rationale for this is simple: No developer yet has put out a game that uses the full power of the PS3. If it still has untapped potential, why not just let developers keep making games for the PS3 and allow Micro$oft to do whatever they want on their end? I don't buy that Sony fans would switch to XBox just because there's a shiny new system out there. I admit that I'm a Sony guy, but even if I wasn't, I've seen nothing with XBox One that screams "I've got to have it." Maybe it coming with the built-in Kinect will be awesome, but I bought one for my kids to go with my son's XBox a couple of years ago and they've hardly ever used it. The few times I tried it, I thought it was fun, but only a novelty; much like the Wiimote. I am probably always going to be a Playstation guy, but at the same time, it was amazing platformers that got me to buy the new systems.

For the PS2, it was Jak and Daxter. For the PS3, it was the Ratchet & Clank: Future series (because I'd already played the PS2 games) and Darksiders. Once I play everything I want to on PS3, I may buy a PS4, but it's going to be about what games make me say, "Yeah, I've gotta have that." For me, that's probably going to take something like an amazing X-Men game, a new Uncharted game (after I play 3, ha,) a new Ratchet & Clank, a new interation of the Red Dead world, or something they probably haven't conceived of yet. There's just nothing else that would make me want to buy a whole new system when I love the one I have so much. It only does everything.
    Last edited by XanMan; 11-15-2013 at 04:28 PM.

They released the teaser for the next Uncharted today...since you mentioned it lol.

My brother got one. Its pretty. I haven't touched it yet so thats all I got.

there are alot of issues people getting the red light of doom, system not outputting video,, for instance,,, injustice works on my but nba2k13 wont load havent tried ac4 or knack yet

The Hurra Duff
    Can I ask you how long you waited in line Monroe?

20 minutes my gamestop had their shit together well 12:20 local is when i entered my car they gave out numbers and marked all the ps4's i had 48. I got NBS2K to work after switching hdmi cables with my tv the cables are the exact same brand.

StormDragonZ
    I have a PS2, Gamecube & DS.

Probably wont be another year before I ponder getting a PS3 or XBox360.

Till then, I'll enjoy Fan War IV that will erupt on the 22nd.

I walked in to best Buy today to see if they had any PS4s on the shelf to purchase but they didn't. I wasn't sure if I was going to purchase one but I was curious.

A Professional Sort Of
    You should ask again tomorrow.

And the next day.

And the next day.

Etc etc.

I used to work in retail, we absolutely LOVE attention.

But I don't work in retail anymore.

That's why I play Pokemon, to pass the time and catch them all.

If anyone wants to check it out I broadcast when I play at Twitch.tv just search for stvmonroe anytime I play Ill broadcast.

20 minutes my gamestop had their shit together well 12:20 local is when i entered my car they gave out numbers and marked all the ps4's i had 48. I got NBS2K to work after switching hdmi cables with my tv the cables are the exact same brand.
    This makes no sense. The HDMI cables output the signal to the tv. The game should load without any output cables attached.

Goldberg Rules!
    He's right. I got mine (I caved), and hooked it up in 30 seconds. Got it to work right away once all DLs were done with.

NBA 2K14 looks so crisp, it's amazing.

A Professional Sort Of
    If anyone wants to check it out I broadcast when I play at Twitch.tv just search for stvmonroe anytime I play Ill broadcast.
    What games do you play?

I play NBA, Injustice, AC4, and haven't loaded Knack yet. I am not a junkie so I am not on 24/7. If you log on when I am on I will play whatever you ask me to.

Xan: I know it doesn't make any sense what so ever, but that's what I had to do an it worked. The first cable worked for every game except NBA. It would load the title scene where it showed the logos, but would go black loading the menus. When I switched cables, which are the same brand bought at the same time everything was fine. Makes no sense to me either but that's what happend.

T.O send me an add request stvmonroe or steve monroe im not sure how it would look. You can destroy me in nba a few dozen times.
    Last edited by monroe; 11-17-2013 at 10:52 AM.

I'm not calling you a liar. I believe you, but think it makes no sense. I recommend emailing Sony to let them know.

Yeah I know you weren't calling me a liar,, it automatically send error messages when things like that happen.