Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: General Gaming Discussion

A Professional Sort Of
    I have a 3DS and now a PS3.

I think you can market the 3DS more to the casual/younger gamer rather than the PS3/4 which is more for the older/serious gamer. My mum used to have a Wii, but I simply couldn't get used to flailing your arms in order to move your character. I want to play a game with a handheld controller, not crazy versions of 'Bop It'.

I can play games on my phone. They obviously aren't as intricate as the games on the DS, but they give me what I need with on-the-go gaming without having to carry another device.

A Professional Sort Of
    Good point. My Nokia doesn't really have any games on it apart from snake.

So I kind of have to rely on decent gaming consoles to fill my gaping hole of loneliness.

BTW, if anybody else gets Dead Island: Riptide, there is a major glitch once you get to the second big defensive battle. If you get there and your game freezes up (and it will) during the second phase PM me and I'll tell you what to do to get past it.

Despite my pure negativity towards the XBONE earlier I'm thinking about trading in my PS3, Xbox 360 and my game library and buying an XBONE.

Gamestop has deals going on where you get an additional 50% credit for a console and 30% for games.

With Thief coming out next week and Titanfall in March I'm thinking it's time to jump into the next generation of gaming.

I'm somewhat apprehensive about doing this, but it seems that the XBONE has the better exclusives for the year and the fact that The Last Guardian is nowhere to be seen on the P$4 (the reason I bought a P$3) is making me lean towards getting the XBONE for now.

I primarily play games like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Bioshock, Dark Souls, etc. I'm not really a sports game player.

Anyone wanna chime in on this?

THE MONKEY
    I'd honestly keep either the 360 or PS3 and put the rest towards a new system. That way you are still covered for some of the bigger games coming out on last systems.

Speaking of Titanfall anybody playing the Beta? Loving it so far maxed out my level last night but still working on trying to unlock some of the gun mods. Hopefully this stuff carries over to the retail version, though if not it didn't really take too long to hit level 14 (the max for the Beta).

Super Chrisss
    Honestly dude, all you need is a 3DS. The game library on that thing, wow...

I've decided to just hold onto everything for now since all the cool games, Thief, Watch Dogs, Titanfall, etc are all coming out on the 360/P$3 anyway.

Chriss, I've thought of getting a 3DS but it'd just end up in the shelf just like every other handheld sytem I've bought.

THE MONKEY
    Yeah 3DS is cool if you dig RPGs but I'll play it until I beat a game and then it sits idle for awhile. Do want to check out Bravely Default though

Anyone else given in and have journeyed back to the land of Skyrim?

I started back up a couple weeks ago. manroe is playing again. Two of my offline friends have started playing it again. And a buddy who's never played it before is about to make his first trip to the land of ice and snow.

Weird.

I am thinking about going back to Skyrim.
    I go back and forth on playing it any time I switch which game I am playing.

I traded all my shit in to get a PS4 and I regret it. I should have just kept PS3 and bought PS4, which has little games I am interested in so far.

Loved Skyrim. I also was pissed to learn the South Park game was PS3 only.

I'm not thinking of getting a PS4 until at least 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    I traded all my shit in to get a PS4 and I regret it. I should have just kept PS3 and bought PS4, which has little games I am interested in so far.

Loved Skyrim. I also was pissed to learn the South Park game was PS3 only.
    That is why you never get rid of a console.
    I still have a semi functional PS2 laying around.

Goldberg Rules!
    It's pretty telling on the PS4 games market that I use my PS4 mostly for the WWE Network and MLB TV. Love how I can easily switch between interfaces when I want to watch different things, so that's a plus.

I play MLB 14: The Show a lot on PS4, though. Slick game.

You people that bought XBones and P$4 out the gate are retarded. There's absolutely no need for them right now since everything is still coming out on the360 and P$3.

Started playing Watch_Dogs last night. So far I've been having fun with it. It's like Ubisoft took elements from all their previous action games and made Watch_Dogs. It's open world like GTA, there's free-running like in Assassin's Creed, you hack a tower to open the map like in FarCry 3, I'm sure some of the hacking/stealth elements are lifted from Splinter Cell.

I barely touched the campaign as I was just having fun playing the crazy mini-games spread throughout the map, chasing down criminals and finding collectibles.

The mini-games are pretty sweet. They're like augmented reality games where things show up on the screen that arent't really there. One of them has you running aroudn the streets collecting virtual coins while trying to avoid skulls. There's another one where you pilot a spider-tank! You heard me right, A. Fucking. Spider. Tank. And then there's also chess, shell games, poker and the like.

Haven't done multiplayer yet. I think there's the normal modes and then there's one where you just randomly invade another person's game and they have to find and eliminate you before you can succesfully hack their system. That sounds like a lot of fun.

And then there's a mobile app for your phone/whatever where you play as the cops/private security force and you get linked to a random's (or a friends's) console and when they get wanted levels you get to deploy units and traps to try and catch them. I tried it last night but as with all things new it wasn't working that well.

So it seems like Ubisoft has a damn fine game on their hands. Hopefully the campaign is somewhat lengthy, but it could be short and I could not care because they really packed in a whole lot shit to keep you distracted.

Goldberg Rules!
    Like I said earlier, I bought one just to get the $400 out of the way.

I'm waiting till Christmas to get the kinectless Xbox one. it is 100 cheaper add in the Christmas sales and I end up with a console that costs around half of the original price.

New Mortal Kombat game has been announced for 2015, titled Mortal Kombat X

DBPanterA
    I bought a PS4 a month ago for one reason: I have been loyal to Nintendo since the NES. I own every Nintendo home console and handheld, and with the fate of the Wii U having no 3rd party support, I didn't want to play the "hope" game to get 3rd party games. So far, I have really enjoyed the PS4 (Infamous: Second Son, MLB The Show 14, and Watch Dogs). I will get Destiny, Assassin's Creed Unity, and whatever the hell they announce at E3 next week (I will be at Raw during Sony's conference, so I will check on-line for the announcements).

That said, I got the effing on-line bug in Watch Dogs in which if you die while on-line, you will start again with only your starter pistol, your first fast point, and have no access to any of the upgraded hacks, any gadgets, or weapons. I contacted Ubisoft and sent them my save data. They got 1 week to fix this as this problem began day 1 and is across all platforms, making the game incredibly boring. I have two damn trophies to get to finish the game, one of which is you need to have 5 people tail you, and no one ever tails (who stupid is that?). If you intend on playing Watch Dogs, regardless of platform, I would advise leaving the on-line portion for the end or so constantly save your data to a USB or the cloud prior to going on-line. It is fun, and I have some silly videos of the crap I have done and the morons I have ran into. I feel it really changes the way you approach a game in that at any time, someone can join your game or you could raise hell in someone else's, but the fact that there are significant issues in this game is very worrisome.

I can give advise on the game, but considering how far I am into it, I have no intention of replaying this as Mario Kart 8 sits in the plastic and once it is opened, that's all I will need until Destiny in September. The damn drinking game is rage inducing in Watch Dogs, I want to give the development crew the Randy Orton punt for that crap.

I just watched a dude beat Fallout 3 in 23:55. Unfuckingreal.

Main mission is very short despite a shitload of side shit. That game burned me because I beat the main mission fairly quickly and it would not let me continue on with my character. Pissed me off.

I purposefully stayed away from the main quest, which I always do in these types of games. The only reason I'd do the quests for the main story would be because I'd randomly run into them without knowing.

If you have the DLC the game goes on forever.

Yeah this was before the DLC came out. I figured it would be like Elder Scrolls Oblivion and go on forever since same people made it.

Super Moderator

I laughed so hard that I cried.

So I'm playing Lego: Marvel Super Heroes and get a trophy called "Don't I know you?" for having Captain America and Human Torch together.

It's ridiculous how proud I was of myself for getting that joke.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

I was browsing the release dates and HOLY COW November 18th is a huge release date.

WWE2K ( pushed back to this day)
    FarCry 4
    GTA V PS4/X1
    Little Big Planet 3
    Dragon Age Inquistion

The week before on the 11th they hit us with
    Halo Master Chief
    AC Unity & Rouge
    Batman Lego 3
    The Crew

What the hell that's a lot of chedder and the biggest set of releases since the PS4 and XB1 released

November is always big for games. Its close to Christmas and that holiday in America where shops are cheap.

Out of the ones listed I am planning on getting WWE, GTA V, Halo and AC.

However am waiting for Christmas for them.

Quote Originally Posted by FoonZeeS View Post
    Anyone else given in and have journeyed back to the land of Skyrim?

I started back up a couple weeks ago. manroe is playing again. Two of my offline friends have started playing it again. And a buddy who's never played it before is about to make his first trip to the land of ice and snow.

Weird.
    Truthfully I thought Skyrim was garbage. Level 100 conjuration equals zero challenge whatsoever. Like level 20-30 main level character able to beat everything in the game on hard effortlessly.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning was an infinitely better RPG imo

Then don't use conjuring and crank that difficluty up to legendary.

Trailer for the upcoming Assassin's Creed: Nine Lives

The more I see of Mortal Kombat X the more I am liking it. I am digging the 3 fighting style system, making each fighter have varied styles. I wonder if it changes Fatalities as well as move sets. I like how they are progressing with characters finally getting rid of some of the originals and adding their relatives or ancestors.

I have really liked Shadow of Mordor so far. It is very cool that the Orc who deals the killing blow on you will level up. The free running and map setup is straight Assassins Creed, but the combat system is all Batman style to include consecutive hit meter. So far the entire game is set beyond the Black Gate but all the lore is awesome for a nerd of my caliber

WWE2k15? is looking very cool. I wish they would just throw everything at a WWE game at some point. Include full rosters from all the brands that Vince has bought out at some point. Then let you play through each era. 80's, early 90's, NWO WCW, Attitude Era, 2000's WWE, then Current. Have a mode where you start in one brand and play through all the years. That is what I wish they would do with the franchise, I love my career mode in NBA2K so my interest is up this year.

My PSN is Stvmonroe55@gmail.com shoot me an inv

gypsumstack
    I just bought a PS4 this weekend. Got AC IV, Destiny, Madden 15, Diablo III, and Last of Us. Four of them I played on PS3, but my girlfriend gave me the ok to go ahead and buy the system in anticipation for the new Dragon Age and Witcher games. I also have my eyes on WWE 2K15 and maybe NBA 2k15 and NHL 15, along with inevitably buying GTA V again.

She played Destiny a little and liked it, but was confused at first with the new controls and new game...so she quickly switched to Diablo III. I tried getting a feel for my three games, but mainly ended up just playing AC IV because I love the game and it's beautiful on PS4.

Yeah Black Flag is so much fun, I am just starting to get Man'O'War's in my fleet. I have Diablo 3 as well I murdered it on Pc but save the expansion for the PS4 release. I am really liking the new class so far. Honestly haven't played it all that much

I liked Black Flag a lot too. Awesome game. I was let down though when I read the the direct sequel to it is on PS3 only. AC5 is coming to PS4 and doesn't look nearly as good.

I don't know, the fact you can skill up will make up for some stuff. The fact you can specialize in sneak, health, melee, or ranged then go down skill level trees sound really neat. Plus its the French Revolution, granted it isn't the American Revolution. I hope the next one is Civil War, then eventually WW1, WW2, and the Spanish-American war, imagine chasing down Poncho Villa.

Honestly the whole pirate thing and sailing ships is what drew me in to AC4 (which I know die-hards of the series didn't really enjoy). The terrible current-day storyline took a backseat too in that game.

I've just been playing Call of Duty with my buddies lately. Nowadays i don't play video games that much considering my ps1 broke & my n64 along with the ps2 were given by my nephews. There was a stage in my life where i immersed in nhl hockey, the first smackdown games on a daily basis. 16 is where my interest in video games kinda deteriorated. guess it happens to some people.

Playing through GTA V for the third time in the two months I've had it. So awesome. Hope to one day be able to say I've done everything possible in the single player.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Oh god... what a time to be involved in eSports... MLG fucks over certain players for money makers as per usual...

I have been playing through Black Flag now, I am almost caught up on the Assassins Creed games.

So far I am on sequence 5.